Search the forum,

Discuss Joining 32mm mdpe pipe to the mains at the meter in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

I've had a 32mm mdpe water pipe put in from my house to the meter which is inside the boundary of my house .How do I join it to the meter ?

The boundary meter is their responsibility

As Riley said, it doesn't matter where the meter is, it's the water authorities responsibility.

They usually want to ensure that it’s installed correctly and to regs

Nope I’ve done loads of these and they’ve always made the final connection. Call them and check

Mate I’m trying to save you grief in the long term. They may well say crack on but I’d hate for you to contaminate the mains water and end up banged up

I’ve connected loads of mains to the back end of the water meter as the local supplier here is not interested, it’s normally a 3/4 female fitting sometimes it’s a 1/2” but that was older ones.

I’m not saying he can’t. I’m telling him to check first to avoid any unnecessary legal action or worse in the future

Well that’s all good if your qualified but if your not the water board will want to check you’ve installed it correctly and it’s not contaminating there supply eg farmers etc

And to check if it's been upsized from the original and likely to cause problems with other supplies in the area.

Did someone mention 32mm?

Reply to Joining 32mm mdpe pipe to the mains at the meter in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock