Search the forum,

Discuss job pricing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

-=HaZ=-

I would just like to know what people would roughly charge for labour on the following as iv just lost a job through pricing
A bathroom swap without changing positions and then retiling of 8m²..... Includes a difficult window frame
Just rough prices and I'll then give my price
Thanks

Policy to not to discuss pricing in the open forum sadly,

opens up a can of worms!!

get your post count upto 100 and join the plumbers arms, we can discuss it in there :)
sorry sir

Mate everyone will have different prices , maybe you went in to cheep ! you price a job for what you want out of it, some you win some you lose, don't expect to get every job you quote for, that's the name of the game when your self employed, put it down to experience and move on.

Have to admit, i got asked to give a quote to fit an outside tap
silly but i did, turned out to be an awkward one
i was the most expensive of four but i still got it.

i think pricing depends on what customer base you want.
i don't want to aim for one that wants the cheapest price.

My prices are created to make me happy. If it doesnt make anybody else happy im not really bothered. Nothing worse than being on a job thinking you have robbed yourself.

Just move on. I priced three jobs last week. Didnt get any of them. Tbh i didnt expect too. Three difficult jobs for what i would consider difficult custs and was reflected in my pricing. So not too concerned.

Policy to not to discuss pricing in the open forum sadly,

opens up a can of worms!!

get your post count upto 100 and join the plumbers arms, we can discuss it in there :)
sorry sir
Oops sorry I wasnt sure if it would be ok....was expecting it to go down

The people I quoted I aimed at a certain figure and talked so much through with them but they went for someone cheaper

This cheaper price must be really cheap as mine is less than iv seen a lot of people offer for similar so this person must be making pennies

have you spoke to the person and asked what price and who they went with?

Oops sorry I wasnt sure if it would be ok....was expecting it to go down

The people I quoted I aimed at a certain figure and talked so much through with them but they went for someone cheaper

This cheaper price must be really cheap as mine is less than iv seen a lot of people offer for similar so this person must be making pennies
Well that's the way of the world at the moment, don't sell your self short, just put in what you think is a fair price for the work involved, go in to low & you will start to cut corners, then you get a poor rep and loose even moor work

Makes me laugh people chasing the cheapest quote and people aiming to be the cheapest. It's like my boy trying to run before he could walk it started well but eventually he fell flat on his face and their were tears!

if people want cheap prices expect people to take short cuts and use poor quality products how else is the chap doing the work and earning a wage.

there is one muppet round here doing cp12s for £25 but almost everything is glanced at and not inspected went in to a bbu this fool had done the week before and found the air vent stuffed with newspaper and the property was empty between our visits so no one had interfered with it. That's the sort of cheap price cheap job that will kill someone!

Sometimes it doesn't pay to be too helpful. Some people will use you for ideas and then get the cheap guy to do the job. Don't give all your knowledge and design away unless you are sure you will get the job. You are there to give a price, not a free design service.

You don't want every job. You don't want customers that want the cheapest, they are the ones that will try not to pay. You want customers with money that don't mind spending it.

I used to be too cheap, run around stressed with too much on. (A busy fool). So I put prices up. Now I get 1 in 3 jobs. But the jobs are good money and worth doing and I'm not overworked. Forget that job and just do some more quotes.

My prices are created to make me happy. If it doesnt make anybody else happy im not really bothered. Nothing worse than being on a job thinking you have robbed yourself.

Just move on. I priced three jobs last week. Didnt get any of them. Tbh i didnt expect too. Three difficult jobs for what i would consider difficult custs and was reflected in my pricing. So not too concerned.

I'm only 4 or 5 years in this game but that's what I've been getting towards doing recently. And when you do it it's so obviously the only way to be.

Yeah everyone losses jobs, its all part of the game. Some customers will go with you whatever the price as they will only ask you and get no other prices.

Just work out what the job will cost you to do, and add what you believe is a reasonable rate. Add the two together and add 10% for possible snags.

Sometimes it doesn't pay to be too helpfulin Some people will use you for ideas and then get the cheap guy to do the job. Don't give all your knowledge and design away unless you are sure you will get the job. You are there to give a price, not a free design service.

You don't want every job. You don't want customers that want the cheapest, they are the ones that will try not to pay. You want customers with money that don't mind spending it.

I used to be too cheap, run around stressed with too much on. (A busy fool). So I put prices up. Now I get 1 in 3 jobs. But the jobs are good money and worth doing and I'm not overworked. Forget that job and just do some more quotes.

I was told when I first started that you were doing well to get 1 in 3 jobs that you price. Cold jobs its about right, but from referrals its about 9 in 10. The 1 in 10 tends to be the dreamer with plans that are bigger than their pockets.

Yeah everyone losses jobs, its all part of the game. Some customers will go with you whatever the price as they will only ask you and get no other prices.

Just work out what the job will cost you to do, and add what you believe is a reasonable rate. Add the two together and add 10% for possible snags.

plus mark up on what job will cost you.

Being the cheapest doesn't always get the job. I've just priced a bathroom with 12m of tiling (one of 3 quoting) cheapest price was 2k less than mine:shocked:, not too sure what the other one was. I've got the job but wasn't overly worried if i didn't, something else always seems to come along

I was caught out last wk called in to look at a leak on a kitchen pillar tap for an elderly dear - looked on way home and it was just tap fibre washer - she was a pensioner with not much so I said beer money - big mistake - turned stop tap off and water gushed from gland -previous plumber tried to stuff gland and stripped the thread .- managed to get it started 3 threads and seal . it was an hot tap so decided to isolate at boiler Worcester jr . put screwdriver in cold valve slot and turned and yes half of it sheared .managed to turn the valve off and on just about . most stressful beer money I eaned

I ripped out and refitted a new low level pan and cistern,fitted a blind and put in 6 metres of skirting board for someone who works for my mrs. She asked me how much I wanted and I felt awkward because these peeps are skint so I said Give my mrs some money tomorrow "whatever you think the jobs worth" My mrs came home with an envelope with 40 quid in it. Gutted. Only really did it cause she has been moaning everyday at the mrs so I had been getting earache.

As much as it's hard to charge people sometimes when you know there skint, at the same time we're not a charity and have bills to pay our selfs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to job pricing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock