Search the forum,

Discuss Job opportunity in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

manic26

Has anyone else received an email like below?

• [h=2]Job Opportunity‏[/h]

Cara Bernardini ([email protected])
Add to contacts
clear.gif

13/05/2013
Documents

To: Johanna Larsdotter

bluemanmxl.png

From:Cara Bernardini ([email protected]) Your junk email filter is set to exclusive.
Sent:13 May 2013 13:42:18
To:Johanna Larsdotter ([email protected])

This message is here because your junk email filter is set to exclusive.Wait, it's safe!

Outlook Active View

1 attachment (911.0 KB)

xlsx_57.png

Schedule of Rates for Heating & Electrics - Installer Rates V1.xlsx
View online

Download as zip

Hello,

I have a contract with one of the big Energy Companies and they have asked us to find Gas Safe registered professionals to install Boilers. There is also an opportunity to be paid £35 for measuring up the job and carrying out a survey prior to the boiler installation.

This contract is a £50 million project which will run until 2015. The reason for this project is ECO – Energy Company Obligation – which basically means that if the Energy Company does not reach their targets in reducing carbon – they will be fined 10% of their turnover. In this particular project they will give away 40.000 free boilers to home owners classified to be in fuel poverty, which will help them affordably heat their homes and reduce carbon emissions.

If you chose to do the measuring up and survey, you would be required to carry out a 2 day training course (at no cost) which would mean you would be certified to carry out an Energy Performance Report (EPR). When you do the measuring up, you would complete the EPR on an iPad using a specially designed app.

After the job has been measured up and the survey carried out, the boiler needs to be installed. The company will supply the boiler and valves and deliver it to the site and you will need to supply pipes and fittings and other general materials and tools to complete the job.

As you know there is an element of electrical worked that needs to be done for a boiler installations, so if you have a Part P Certificate you would be wiring up the system. If you do not have this qualification, a qualified professional will carry this out. However, could still install the Programmer and room stat for additional payment.

Payments for each type of installation are detailed on the spreadsheet which is attached – please check each tab.

You may know 2,3 or 4 other people that you could work as a team with. Perhaps one person doing the survey work which would create the install jobs for the rest of the team.

So to proceed and be considered for this project you will need to complete every action listed below;

§ Complete the HSE document and the Contractors form.
§ Supply us with an up-to-date CRB – if it is not dated within the last 3 months, you can sign a disclaimer while you apply for a new one which would need to arrive within 28 days. We can apply for a CRB on your behalf should you wish.
§ Gas Safety Registered Number or Certificate.
§ ACS Certificate
§ Insurance documents - £2million public liability insurance
(If you have a limited company and have more than 5 employees you will need £5million employers liability insurance)
If you chose to do the survey, you will also need an Ipad to complete the EPR. If you have an Ipad already you can use that one. If you don’t have one, we can get you one for a reduced cost of £420 which can be paid for out of your first payment when you have completed your first job.

If you are interested, please call the office and ask for Cara or Johanna or “reply all” to this email at which point we can answer any of your questions and supply you with the forms you will need to complete.

We hope to hear from you soon.

Many thanks,

Cara Bernardini & Johanna Larsdotter
Recruitment Consultants
Build Recruitment
T: 020 3176 4793
E: [email protected]
W: www.buildrec.com

Langdale House, 11 Marshalsea Road, London, SE1 1EN
GetInline.aspx
GetInline.aspx

Sponsors of the Chartered Institute of Housing 2013 South East Conference & Exhibition, The NHMF Maintenance Conference & Exhibition & the RICS matrics Property and Construction Industry Grand Summer Ball

Hi,

could you possibly forward me a copy of the spreadsheet please? Pm me if your happy to do so and I will reply with an email address

thanks

It is a recruitment centre according to the footer, the address belongs to Helix Properties, the recruitment site seems legit but they dont say who their client is? Im not sure with this one.

Apologies if I've missed it but is there a specific area they're looking to cover with this plan?? I'm interested but am down south?? Cheers matt

Apologies if I've missed it but is there a specific area they're looking to cover with this plan?? I'm interested but am down south?? Cheers matt

No it doesn't. Just random scatter gun approach. Does not mention any fees like the last one I got

Interesting, sorry who is it we contact???

It sounds like it could be legit. Every man and their dog is scrabbling for installers for the latest version of kick it in, Eco. It doesn't take much looking to find more of the same. Here is another one Teams Of Domestic Central Heating Engineers Job in Leeds
Unfortunately the money will be shyte so the work will be bad - very bad with a very few exceptions. You may take this up thinking you will do a good job but i can assure you 2 month down the line you will either be as rough as any or have left.

Cheers for the email manic, and I can confirm the money is rubbish.These companies are acting as middle men. If you want to earn a decent wedge, you'll need to cut them out and try and find the funding yourself.

Last edited:
Cheers for the email manic, and I can confirm the money is rubbish.These companies are acting as middle men. If you want to earn a decent wedge, you'll need to cut them out and try and find the funding yourself.

Looks like they are trying to make some money on the back off your ticket

On a similar scheme myself sub contracting to northern gas heating, I have been installing on it since November work ranges from like for like Combi swaps to part l upgrades to full systems! The prices are not what you would get privately but I'm installing 6 boilers a week and still keeping all my existing client I would recommend to anyone! They are currently looking for engineers so if anyone would like a price list please pm me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Job opportunity in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was prosecuted after Hereford Trading Standards Team found that he was falsely claiming to be on the Gas Safe Register when he was not, putting members of the...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to space for servicing and changing parts if ever needing to. I am finding my decision rather hard due to the different clearances on flue runs and cupboards...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Show us your fanciest radiators you've installed! We would love to see them! I love this Milano vertical radiator in the kitchen space. What do you think?
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it 😬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock