Search the forum,

Discuss Jet Swet saves the day in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mickyplumb

Jet Swet in tank.jpg

Safe as houses. Really got me out of trouble today.

What am I looking at in the picture?....is that one of those tank connectors that wont accept a standard bung?

First time you used it i bet... Iv yet to be in a situation where I would need one... Plenty of times when water won't stop coming down the pipe but never a situation where that thing would help...

Is that really a 'dishwasher safe' logo on the bottom of that CWST?

Good eyes, i only saw that when i looked at the picture once i'd save it. Must mean okay for potable water ?

Fair comment, there are other ways to block an outlet but the jets do give you a bit of confidence, i'm not so sure i'd use bluetak though.

worked perfectly for me last week for changing a gate valve on hwc feed. blutack that is.

Root veg is much more readily available. Onions and leeks are only exception!

I have been watching the jet swet demos in pts this week. I was impressed but I would flap so much getting it in the pipe ceilings would already be down! :D

I have been watching the jet swet demos in pts this week. I was impressed but I would flap so much getting it in the pipe ceilings would already be down! :D
Don't think i would use it to stick like in the video (assuming it's the same as the youtube video) but to blank off tank outlets and to temporarily block feeds from F and E's while flushing, worth it's money.

Sticking bluetak in an outlet, one day it's get sucked in.

i'll email them and see if i can get a set for free to record a live demo for everyone !!!!

i don't mind getting wet

Heard tales of blu tac coming out when it gets wet so think ill swerve that.

Been using my Regin plugs loads recently they've earned there money tenfold.

Heard tales of blu tac coming out when it gets wet so think ill swerve that.

Been using my Regin plugs loads recently they've earned there money tenfold.

Talking to one of our young plumbers today, said that with his previous company said they'd plugged a downservice to a cylinder with the tapered bungs. Silly but they left site to get some fittings and told the resident not to use any taps (just in case) Anyway, while they were out the brother came round, used the loo and switched on the basn mixer, cold fed from the main. The backpressure must have gone back up the hot and pushed the bung out. Massive house apparently, 100 gallon tank emptied ino the airing cupboard.

Couldn't have happened with a jet swet and blutac wouldn't have stood a chance. Our young guys boss banned them from blanking tanks ever again !

A silicon nozzle? Really on what size tank connector?

I use rubber bungs, and I wouldn't pop out to the merchants with a system held up with a bung. What fools.

A silicon nozzle? Really on what size tank connector?

I use rubber bungs, and I wouldn't pop out to the merchants with a system held up with a bung. What fools.

Daft to pop out but i wouldn't give it a second thought with a jet swet stuck in the outlet. Can't come out by mistake.

The monument ones are just as good, 10 quid you get 15 22 & 28 compression plugs!

Daft to pop out but i wouldn't give it a second thought with a jet swet stuck in the outlet. Can't come out by mistake.

True. If they didn't want so much money for the Jet Swets, I'd have some. Over priced I think.

True. If they didn't want so much money for the Jet Swets, I'd have some. Over priced I think.

I've got the Monument ones too, they're good but they can't seal on the tank connectors with the tags. The jet swets push through as they are a smaller diameter but blow up like a ballon when tightened

Yeah, I have similar to the monument ones, and it's true they won't seal on the tank connectors with the tags. Which is a right pain. As I say, if I could buy a set of Jet Swets for 15/20 quid I'd have some. But I don't like to feel as though I'm getting ripped off.

PTS are selling the 15 and 22 together at Ā£41.50 plus VAT, a lot less than CORGI

I've lost faith in Nerrad tools after my 22 & 28 pipeslices spiral like hell... Sent them back for replacements and the new ones are the exact same!!

I've lost faith in Nerrad tools after my 22 & 28 pipeslices spiral like hell... Sent them back for replacements and the new ones are the exact same!!

Yep, my 28 gives me a bit of agg as well. They didn't quibble though when I dropped mine back into my merchant. I took a plastic Roth one instead but bloody worse. Don't think any pipeslices are that great anymore

I reckon, if they're Ā£50 and ONE DAY, they save you 2 hours labour, they're paid for.

That's nearly fifty sheets Micky. Too much dosh.

I like to get a kiss before someone screws me!! :) ;)

LOL ! Yep, not cheap. Saved me an hour the other day though, kind of earned their worth now though but probably won't use them again for 6 months !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Jet Swet saves the day in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't rip me off? An office guy recommended me to apply for government rebates and get it installed through timetosave.com.au. How reliable is this...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it šŸ˜¬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Recently had a Viessmann Vitodens combi boiler installed, quite often when the adjacent cold mixer tap is opened the boiler starts for a few seconds! Can anyone tell me what is causing this? And how to cure?
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock