Search the forum,

Discuss Istor really loud noise. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

armyash

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hi I have been asked to quote to replace/repair an Istor. It makes a very very loud noise when it's running. It's hard to describe, it's a like a vibration.

I have a video that I can WhatsApp to someone if anyone can help, I'm unable to upload it to the site for someone.

The ex vessel needs replacing but I don't want to price for that and there is another issue and the noise continues.

Pm me your number if you can help and I can WhatsApp the video.

Thanks

When I was first sent the video I said it sounds like something is loose. And causing a vibration. The noise is terrible, it's been going on for 4 months, the tenant looked like she is going to have a breakdown.

Sorry I didn't give enough info earlier. The job is for a maintenance company who have a contract with a letting agent. When they sent me the video they asked what it could be, I said impossible without investigating. They wanted a set price, I said it would be hourly rate plus parts. This put them off. I didn't hear anything for about a week then I had a phone call asking me to go and quote only. Out of interest I checked the ex vessel.

All I could say to the tenant was I'd let the agent know and would put in a quote to replace.

The maintenance company have said I'm not to do anything at a property that I haven't been asked to do. (wouldn't be insured and wouldn't get paid)

So I couldnt check anything on the boiler.

I'm going to suggest a service and new ex vessel and will give me the chance to have a proper look.

When I received the video I said all I can do is hourly rate plus any parts.

I think if they go for the service and ex vessel I'll be able to find out what it is. They just want the money for the install though don't think they are particularly interested in fixing it.

Reply to Istor really loud noise. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

T
Hello, I have just moved in to a new flat this week and have a problem with noise coming from somewhere around the top of the boiler. It's a loud clicking/knocking sound that lasts about a minute, stops for 20-30 seconds and starts again. It seems to happen at night, starting in the evening...
Replies
Views
Desperate for some help! Be a life saver of someone can help as suffer from a high intolerance to noise. Moved into new house 1940s (copper pipes) and having serious issues with banging pipes only when central heating is on. Not when running taps We have a wall in living room that has stop tap...
Replies
Views
I got a problem with my boiler,it's got some vibration when it starts to work,it doesn't fire up unless I duck tap and blank half of the air intake,I checked if its enough voltage to the gas valve its 22v dc going from pcb to it exactly what it says on the gas valve,checked fan seams to work k I...
Replies
Views
Hi , I'm wondering whether anybody can help me at all ? My boiler has started making noises which I am unable to identify. If anybody is able to guide me to the route of the issue itll be massively appreciated. I'm looking for an idea of how much it will cost to get it repaired. The water has...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Got a strange grating noise when the mains water is running in a property I'm looking after. It's a ground floor flat, with a first floor flat above it, and both share the same mains water pipe, and I believe the stopcock behind the washing machine isolates all water to both properties...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock