Search the forum,

Discuss Issue with no water coming through inlet valves in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all

I’ve had an issue with the amount of water coming through two side inlet valves.

There are 3 toilets in total. All are tank fed.
1 toilet bottom entry.
2 toilets are side entry.

The tank is above and comes down through the ceiling into the toilet through a 22mm pipe.

It then t’s into the bottom entry valve one side and then feeds the two side entry valves on the other side.

The bottom entry valve fills the cistern well.

The two side entry valves are literally trickling barely anything.

I have made sure they have the pressure reducer is out.

Still nothing.

I’ve also taken the nut off the side entry and had a bucket under it to ensure no blockage. It fills fine not the best pressure but pipe is not blocked.

Any advice would be helpful

Thanks

Grit in the orifices inside the fill valves,
Fill valves have got high pressure orifices fitted,
And /or fill valve diaphragms are hardened.

i find viva not very good on tank only really suited to mains

Reply to Issue with no water coming through inlet valves in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have recently moved into a village house and discovered some mold on the wall behind the kitchen unit and following a closer inspection, I am concerned about the water inlet and its entry point. There is a hole in what I think is the original floor, with some loose rock etc around the water...
Replies
Views
This issue arose about a year ago. Does anyone have an idea why I occasionally hear (about once every hour or longer) a hammer related noise coming from my copper water pipes when no water is being used? It basically sounds like the noise you hear after the water shuts off when your toilet bowl...
Replies
Views
Hi there I fitted a Sanicompact 43 about10 years ago. A few years ago i noticed that it would intermittently activate in the middle of the night so I fitted a simple pull cord swith to turn it off at night About a month ago I recently had a blockage so pulled it apart and cleaned everything...
Replies
Views
R
Hi, I’ve recently had my washing machine connected however the chap who installed it said the water inlet pipe connected has a larger head thus resulting in the valve not turning resulting in no water or low pressure water. What can I do to rectify this?
Replies
Views
Hi Just had a new bathroom installed with a toilet bowl that reaches the back wall. Its has a bottom entry cold feed to the cistern. The fitter put an isolation valve on the pipe work for this :-(, the copper pipe comes up from a plastic pipe push fit. See photo. I did a tissue paper test and...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock