Search the forum,

Discuss Isolate water to heating interface unit (HIU) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi there. I'm trying to work out how to isolate the water in my flat, so I can fix a leaking shower tap. My flat has a heating interface unit (HIU), which is being fed by various pipes - see photo. I'm not sure though what pipes I should / can isolate to stop the flow, can anyone provide any advice? Cold water is simple, there is a lever labelled for 'cold water isolation valve', which works fine. However, there's no equivalent for hot water, and I'm a bit worried about just turning them all off as there's quite a bit of pressure in the system. I can't find any valves on the pipes leading to the shower to isolate, so I need to do this centrally. Thanks for any advice.

IMG_2101.jpeg

2nd from the left

Red tap label

Left to right

Cold water in
Hot water out
Main boiler flow in
Main boiler return out
Rads flow
Rads return

Reply to Isolate water to heating interface unit (HIU) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

J
Hi, we have an HIU unit, which we only get hot water from the taps when we turn on the heating unit. A number of engineer have come in to check but they have stated they couldn't see any issues. Any thoughts? could it be the heating plate?
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
  • Question
Hello, I am fitting new taps and a shower mixer in my en-suite and was looking to isolate the hot water pipes. I have an unvented indirect heating system (have attached some photos). I was wondering if the isolation valve that would shut off the water to the hot water taps is as circled in the...
Replies
Views
A simple procedure has turned difficult. I am trying to disconnect a floor-mounted bidet so I can change the click clack waste. All is straightforward apart from disconnecting the two flexible hoses to the mixer tap. I had expected the two isolators to make this easy but was unable to turn the...
Replies
Views
My outside tap has had really low pressure after the cold weather a few weeks ago. Its connected from under the kitchen sink, and can be isolated from turning a flat head screw type thing a quarter turn. Any help or advice would be much appreciated!
Replies
Views
Hi Just had a new bathroom installed with a toilet bowl that reaches the back wall. Its has a bottom entry cold feed to the cistern. The fitter put an isolation valve on the pipe work for this :-(, the copper pipe comes up from a plastic pipe push fit. See photo. I did a tissue paper test and...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock