Search the forum,

Discuss Is using cleaner essential after pipework, with old boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

I have been replacing my radiators (all too small), and adding some extra ones. Boiler is a baxi back boiler, cast iron.
Is it essential to use a cleaner like x400 to get rid of flux residue etc. Or would fill heat, then drain be sufficient.
Then going to add x100.

I would just flush the system a couple of times a hot flush then a cold one before refilling and adding x100 , you really dont know what condition your pipework is in especially if buried or under floor boards so keep it simple . kop

Reply to Is using cleaner essential after pipework, with old boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I’ve recently cleaned my central heating system with Sentinel X400 cleaner, flushed it out clear, refilled & added Sentinel X100 inhibitor. After a couple of months, I went to the loft to check the feed & expansion tank, open the lid, there’s some kind of white/yellowish fungus/growth floating...
Replies
Views
A bit of history first. 2 yrs ago visited a grant boiler with boiler and pipework kettling. I added SentX200 noise reducer. It is standard open vented system S plan Also found there was no bypass and this was an external boiler with frost stat so boiler would start with no valves open...
Replies
Views
B
Hi there, Have bought an old house and am having the old lead water mains pipe replaced and a new stopcock location/piping installed after massively high readings from water testing by the water company. Also buying new plastic water tank to start afresh so to speak. Pipework/joinery looks to...
Replies
Views
Hello I'm new to the forum and wanted to ask a question after having a good read. House is undergoing a complete renovation and new pipework needs to be installed for the heating system. The current boiler is a WB Greenstar 34CDI combi boiler and is not very old so I wanted to reuse this in a...
Replies
Views
Hello I want to replace the old single panel rad in the bedroom with a K2 double panel Stelrad one. I think I'm OK in general and relatively sensible (!) but I just want to check the steps involved to make sure I'm not missing anything before starting. System info- Steps (I think)- 1. Turn...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock