Search the forum,

Discuss Is this pressure ok? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. I’ve posted on the other forum.

There is a silver expansion vessel on top of the tank, plus a red one on the wall (I think for heating). Sorry that’s vague!

D2 is def not to regs. Minimum of 300mm unbent pipe from the tundish before any bends.
One more voice to get a G3 plumber in to look.
Also, and seriously, you didn't answer the earlier question of whether you get it serviced.
It NEEDS to be done each year. Looking at the pressure reducing valve I see no evidence of the mech being removed in order to clean the strainer.
The fact is, if you have a leak on your HW system and end up claiming MANY insurers will now demand to see your maintenance history before even considering your claim. Remember all they want to do is make money NOT look after you. So, they look for every way out they can find...

I do notice however that both the pressure relief AND the temp & pressure relief valves have been changed. Shame the person never did any proper maintenance.

There should be an uninterrupted supply to the cylinder from the group set (no valves/take offs/stop taps). Balanced cold should be taken from the group set. D1 & D2 do not comply (bends/lengths)

Hi all! Sorry to reignite this post. Good news - I had a G3 engineer visit today which has fixed the above issues, as well as repressuring the vessel.

I might just be worrying a bit too much, but the tundish is NOT dripping, but is damp. I.e. putting some tissue under it for 15mins shows a couple of drops. Watching it for a while shows nothing. Is this just condensation / is it normal? Just to clarify there's no visible drip at all.

Did he replace the valve eg the one that's connected to the tundish ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Is this pressure ok? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock