Search the forum,

Discuss Is this bath rubber worth buying? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
They work very well actually, ive just finished a sub contracting job where we fitted over 300 bathrooms and the foreman gave us all one of them, they got regular and heavy use and still worked well.

Used these before, worked wonders on removing small black marks on china and the like. Found in certain cases adding a touch of soap removed any existance of visable indescrepencies, but genraly this did the job on its own. Well worth having one.

Does the job. I also carry a six grades emery board, the ones women use to polish their nails. Great for polishing out a little scratch or dent in baths.

Works well. Toolstation also do an enamel repair kit which hides and re-coats scratches and chips in ceramic basins and in baths for about ÂŁ20 and it is money well spent, especially for chipped enamel in steel baths. Kit has enough material for about 5 good size repairs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Work well. Toolstation also do an enamel repair kit which hides and re-coats scratches and chipd in ceramic basins and in baths for about ÂŁ20 and it is money well spent, especially for chipped enamel in steel baths.

Thats good to know system, I'm not paying another ÂŁ170 to Plastic Surgeon for a rough repair job that you could still see.

jml do something similar for only ÂŁ4.99
[DLMURL="http://www.jmldirect.com/uk/doktor-power/doktor-power-magic-eraser/invt/d03me30100000001/"]"Doktor Power" Doktor Power Magic Eraser at JML Direct[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
I've never scratched a bath/basin/WC in my life - so haven't needed one of these little life savers. ;) ;)

I find a bit of spit (I know that sounds gross) helps.

I once had a watch with a titanium strap. I was forever ,marking stuff with that thing.

I've never scratched a bath/basin/WC in my life - so haven't needed one of these little life savers. ;) ;)

I find a bit of spit (I know that sounds gross) helps.

I once had a watch with a titanium strap. I was forever ,marking stuff with that thing.

You know what you'll do tomorrow now Danny :) :) :)

Well I'm doing my final day of oil training tomorrow, so it doesn't matter if I damage somthing.......hang on. I mean......when I damage something!!

Oh and I was being silly, I've had a cramer rubber in my tool box since about the first day I started!! And by a bit of spit, I meant on the rubber. It makes it more effective. :)

Last edited:
My bath rubber came this morning, I'm removing a soiled/grubby cast iron bath this week in this bathroom so I'll try it on there.

Good thanks mate. All done. So have to part with some cash and register with OFTEC.

The bloke who will come out and inspect me was on the course (sitting it not teaching it) so that was a coincidence.

I've done a bit of oil for years, but would quite like to get more into it....and I'm always keen to learn new skills.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Is this bath rubber worth buying? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock