Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Is there a way to add 2nd boiler to a different position on the heating circuit in the Central Heating Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Paul79

Paul79 New Member

Currently I have a boiler and rads and hw cylinder on the one ch circuit.

What I would like to know is it possible to add a 2nd boiler to this system at the other end of the circuit.

I know you could split it up into primary and secondary circuits, and use hydraulic separation if the boilers where in the same place, but if they are not, can this be achieved without putting them on the same primary circuit.

Excuse me if my terminology is wrong.

CH-Plan-2.jpg

2. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Why do you want a second boiler ?? Solid fuel ?

3. Paul79

Paul79 New Member

Just interested in if it is possible for now.

4. ShaunCorbs

Would need to know fuel as different fuels require different kit but anythings possible if you have the coin

• Like Like x 1
  5. Paul79

Paul79 New Member

Lets say oil for example

6. Chalked

Chalked Plumber GSR

It was solid fuel last time..
    It makes a massive difference. Oil, or gas is completely different, as it’s controllable.

• Like Like x 1
  7. ShaunCorbs

Oil your fine solid fuel your not need a h2 panel fitting

8. gmartine

gmartine GSR

Just ask or say what the problem with your current system is.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. quality

quality Plumber GSR

I have done a few H2 panel set ups, But I have done more with better results using a simple and cheaper buffer tank

10. Paul79

Paul79 New Member

Lets say you have a heat source on a primary circuit that is linked to a secondary circuit via a heat store, buffer tank etc.

Can you link a second heat source on a different primary circuit to a different position on the secondary circuit (for example after the last radiator).

11. Riley

Riley Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

As above

12. quality

quality Plumber GSR

As Shaun said it all about how much £££ you have to part with. In a domestic environment 99% of requirements are easily achieved but they solutions may not be chaep

13. SimonG

SimonG Trusted Plumber Top Contributor!!

So rephrased original question and reposted.

I'll rephrase my answer.

Thermal store, dunsely neutraliser or h2 panel.

Think I had them in a different order last time.

Gas - gas safe engineer
    Oil - oftec engineer
    Solid fuel - hetas engineer.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. GasAt300Bar

GasAt300Bar Member

A Dunsley Neutraliser is a pricey bit of kit for a what is really a tin can, but you'll need one. Done it. It's all the bits you don't think of, this set-up will not be cheap.

And dependent on where you are, you'll struggle to find the bloke to do it. Solidfuel blokes, the Jockinese are good at this.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018
  15. Bibbs118

Bibbs118 GSR

No YOU cant add a 2nd boiler