Search the forum,

Discuss Is there a seperate certificate, for a gas fire. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

moonlight

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I have never needed to do one. My customer had her boiler and fire serviced. I failed the gas fire as it was spilling. I said it could be cobwebs. She has now had the chimney cleaned. I have been back refitted the fire and tested. Passed both tests. Do I re-issue a cp12? or is there another form to use?
Thanks.

Cp12 is fine

Is this for a LLGSC (CP12)?

You don't actually need to issue any cert as such. The CP12 is an annual snapshot "state of the installation", and is not required on interim visits.

If you redo one, surely you would have to re certify the whole installation, which you cannot do without reinspecting

She would need to pay you to redo the CP12 as her current one states there's an unsafe appliance which you've now uncapped therefore she has no certificate to now cover that appliance and would need the entire thing renewing in my opinion.

She would need to pay you to redo the CP12 as her current one states there's an unsafe appliance which you've now uncapped therefore she has no certificate to now cover that appliance and would need the entire thing renewing in my opinion.

Sorry London, you are completely wrong with this. The annual CP12 has been completed. You do not have to reissue a cert. It is a snapshot on the day.

If you chose to register the whole thing, that would be up to you. But y would be totally unfair to charge again - apart from, obviously, the remedial work identified

LLGCS's have been around for many years now.
It is worrying that so many people do not properly understanding the requirements.

I would be mightily hacked off if I paid for a reinspection following remedial works, then soke to someone who pointed out I had been ripped off - intentially or otherwise

Just to make it clear. I have not charged for the second certificate. Just the fire removal and the re-fitting. No one could be that mean. After all it is christmas.

A landlord is required to have a certificate stating that all gas appliances owned by them are safe, if all they have is one stating a fail it needs redoing.

A landlord is required to have a certificate stating that all gas appliances owned by them are safe, if all they have is one stating a fail it needs redoing.
Did you look at my message further down? New certificate done!!!!

No they don't.

They need ONE certificate per year to record the state of the year installation at that moment.
There is no pass or fail.

If you are telling your customers differently then you are misleading them.

TBH, the knowledge displayed on this site is a bit worrying.

Just to clarify. Even though the form was a CP1 it is a safety certificate. This can be used for either purpose. My customer is not a landlord. The fire failed. Boiler past recorded fail on the first certificate. When the fires problem was rectified. Went back and retested both appliances. Issued a new certificate with both now passed. I did not charge for the second certificate, only for removing and reinstalling after chimney work done. Hope that now puts this to bed.

Just to clarify. Even though the form was a CP1 it is a safety certificate. This can be used for either purpose. My customer is not a landlord. The fire failed. Boiler past recorded fail on the first certificate. When the fires problem was rectified. Went back and retested both appliances. Issued a new certificate with both now passed. I did not charge for the second certificate, only for removing and reinstalling after chimney work done. Hope that now puts this to bed.
Fair enough ML. I think I acknowledged your position earlier (?).
Either way, London is still apparently under a cloud of misunderstanding, and presumably his last post was directed at me, rather than you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Is there a seperate certificate, for a gas fire. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock