Search the forum,

Discuss Is my UFH broken! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JasonF88

Hi

I moved into a house with UFH installed in one room a few months back. Now the weather is getting cooler I've turned it on for the first time and not convinced its working.

When on and room below thermos temp, everything seems to work boiler lights and I can fee the pipes from the manifold going under the floor are warm. When one there are also some banging/sloshing noises from the pipes to the hot water cylinder! But no real sign of the room heating, maybe 1 degree after 2 hours and I suspect that's down to ambient temp not the UFH!

Is there anything I can check/test to confirm?

Thanks

Maybe air have you tried airing the system ?

Have you left it on for long enough ?
It won't warm up like a radiator !

As above underfloor heating is a more consistent constant heat to maintain your room at the set temperature. It's not a blast out of heat like a convector

Hi Jason,

I would agree with other guys who mentioned about air in the system.
Try to get rid of the air, don't know what system you've got and whether there's any air vents on the manifold.

Do you know how the system has been installed? Screed, overlay etc?
UFH takes some time to warm up so you won't feel any difference if you just turn on the heating for a short period of time.
If it's in screed you have a flow temperature of 40-45 deg C which has to warm up the slab first and that takes time.

Hope you will get this sorted.

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Is my UFH broken! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock