Search the forum,

Discuss Is my charge reasonable? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Cost is way over the top in my opinion, I cant see how it would take 4 visits and 10 hours to diagnose a fan or pressure switch fault.

I wouldnt have the nerve to ask for that amount.

What were the symptoms of the fault.

Cost is way over the top in my opinion, I cant see how it would take 4 visits and 10 hours to diagnose a fan or pressure switch fault.

I wouldnt have the nerve to ask for that amount.

What were the symptoms of the fault.

I know, that's the point I was getting at. More incompetence than working hours.

I would expect a fan and pressure switch to be a charge of 4 hours plus parts and mark-up.

That would allow for 1 visit to diagnose.
Part supply.
1 visit to to repair.

But again it depends how your pricing is structured.
I know engineers that charge a minimum of 2 hours (this helps cover travel costs) and engineers who charge a call-out fee which covers the first hour plus half an hour to travel there.

Price depends on everything...location, day of week, time of day, what work I have on, weather. If some arrogant p**ck rings me on Friday at 14:30 then my terms will be eye watering! Prices have to be dynamic folks surly as is indeed life?

Some ,'engineers' just throw new parts at boilers until it works again....proper people as you say dignose fault find and fix ...bg are prime at this because what they dont use just goes back...normal outfits cannot do this ..I know
Rob Foster aka centralheatking

This is the reason my. Post was recently deleted.

The question was Engineer competence

Stop deleting comments and see the fact I did not type anything about me doing any work on a boiler
No you didn’t, but the fact that you ignored the advice given and still pushed for an answer that you was happy with says a lot. You are diagnosing parts on your boiler and then posting on here in the hope that we either help you or correct you. You were told on serveral occasions that we cannot do that. I would stop moaning and take the advice given of finding a recommended engineer and go from there.

No you didn’t,but the fact that you ignored the advice given and still pushed for answer that you was happy with says a lot. You are diagnosing parts on your boiler and then posting on here in the hope that we either help you correct you. You were told on serveral occasions that we cannot do that. I would stop moaning and take the advice given of finding a recommended engineer and go from there.

Sorry but I have to draw a line here you're talking absolute nonsense.

I did not question again about my issue with the boiler after reading the comments of other engineers. So again I don't know where you are getting the not taking their advice line from.

My last comment on MY thread was regarding holding a engineer liable for their diagnosis, instead of just throwing parts at it. A few comments suggested to get someone competent in hence, I asked can I hold them responsible for a their diagnosis.

My last comment on MY thread was regarding holding a engineer liable for their diagnosis, instead of just throwing parts at it.
Just sounds to me like sour grapes. Also my comment after that was to ask around friends and family for a reliable recommended engineer. But I’m glad you’re drawing a line as I do not have to respond again.

I did not question again about my issue with the boiler after reading the comments of other engineers. So again I don't know where you are getting the not taking their advice line from.

My last comment on MY thread was regarding holding a engineer liable for their diagnosis, instead of just throwing parts at it. A few comments suggested to get someone competent in hence, I asked can I hold them responsible for a their diagnosis.

For a fact fields didn’t delete your thread I did

And stated why you weren’t listening in the thread

And this / these posts prove it

Get a gas safe engy in and pay him to diagnose and fix the issue

Get Ideal out to do a fixed price repair

Couple of quotes spring to mind.

**** doesn't roll up hill.

Don't pith in the wind.

Reply to Is my charge reasonable? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock