Search the forum,

Discuss Is it possible to bleed these rads? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

stratplus

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
E8CDF8F3-7984-47E1-90EB-8F4B6D99116C.jpeg
There’s a finned element along the bottom.

yes its an lst rad one of the panels should come off

Probably inside the casing at the top of the finned element. Just need to work out how to get in.

Probably inside the casing at the top of the finned element. Just need to work out how to get in.
There was a screw at the top left (and top right I think) which I couldn’t gain access to due to the wall.
So if I can remove the top there should be a bleed nipple on the element/valve somewhere.

It might be a jaga but I will have a sift through my books

View attachment 32282
There’s a finned element along the bottom.

I can't see close up on photo but if it's what I think it is there are two screws at the top on each side just beneath the top of the plastic strip. Take those out and the top will come off. then the front sections/panels are slotted together.

Only take as many out as necessary because it can be a pig to reassemble. There should be an air tap on the top right front of the finned rad inside.

Are you sure it needs bleeding?
Done many Jaga and the like elements.
Due to the low water content and the design of the flow through element, they very rarely need bleeding.

What's the problem with the heater in your view?

Are you sure it needs bleeding?
Done many Jaga and the like elements.
Due to the low water content and the design of the flow through element, they very rarely need bleeding.

What's the problem with the heater in your view?
They weren’t getting very warm. Someone has repaired leak on boiler and probably haven’t vented when topping up. Flow and return piles to and from rads were fairly hot. Return probably not so much.
I cleaned the fins with a brush, not sure that helped.

I can't see close up on photo but if it's what I think it is there are two screws at the top on each side just beneath the top of the plastic strip. Take those out and the top will come off. then the front sections/panels are slotted together.

Only take as many out as necessary because it can be a pig to reassemble. There should be an air tap on the top right front of the finned rad inside.
Yes, screw either side but right hand screw unable to access as too tight to wall.

Or wera mini ratchet

And op I think they are jaga

They weren’t getting very warm. Someone has repaired leak on boiler and probably haven’t vented when topping up. Flow and return piles to and from rads were fairly hot. Return probably not so much.
I cleaned the fins with a brush, not sure that helped.

They are natural convectors, the surface of the casing doesn't get hot like a traditional radiator.
The casing doesn't do much besides covering the element and creating a chimney effect- the higher the casing over the element the greater the convection & heat output.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Is it possible to bleed these rads? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

IS IT POSSIBLE TO ADJUST THIS MIXER UNIT? WE HAVE TO HAVE IT TURNED ALMOST FULLY ANTI CLOCKWISE TO GET HOT WATEROUT. THE FRONT PLATE WITH MIRA ON IT PRISES OFF AND INSIDE THERE ARE SOME PLASTIC BITS AND A SMALL CROSS-HEAD SCREW IN THE MIDDLE. THANKS
Replies
Views
Has anyone one fit or serviced one of these before; Heatrae Sadia 25l 9004010. It a 25 litre hot water storage cylinder.
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Recently had a Viessmann Vitodens combi boiler installed, quite often when the adjacent cold mixer tap is opened the boiler starts for a few seconds! Can anyone tell me what is causing this? And how to cure?
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock