Search the forum,

Discuss Is is OK to fit 32/56mm Durgo to 110 waste in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

F

FeelingCold

Good morning.

Firstly, thanks to the advice so many of you have provided over the years.

I'm in the final stages of renovation and I have specific questions relating to the venting of our kitchen waste water. Please see the attached pdf for my attempt at a plumbing diagram.

We have a dedicated 110 underground waste pipe to which only the dishwasher and sink will be plumbed.

Issues:
1. It is not possible to vent naturally from this area.
2. The 110 waste from kitchen is 5m to the join of the main waste drain, which is a further 3m to the main vent stack
2. the "riser" of the 110 waste is positioned in the wrong place in the kitchen..(don't ask.)
3. There is only a 50 mm void behind kitchen cabinets/sink and therefore cannot have a 110mm Durgo.
4. Void can probably be increased by 10/15 mm by chasing out plaster/render; but not further into the party wall.

Proposal:
I am proposing to use a reducer from 110 to 40 at a level near the floor (cabinets have 150mm vertical clearance).
Plum sink/dishwasher into the 40 drain and using either a 32 or 56 Durgo to balance the system. The diagram of the kitchen sink in the pdf probably better shows what I'm trying to say.

Questions:
Will a small diameter (32/56) Durgo work correctly with 110mm waste drain?
Would this proposed configuration be legal?
Is there a better solution?

My architect says that he has only ever fitted a 110 Durgo to 110 drain in the past.

Thanks in advance.

Andy

Attachments

• Kitchen_Durgo.pdf
    407.8 KB · Views: 66
Obviously I'm looking at your drawing of the set up.
From what I can make out on that drawing it doesn't need a vent. I may be missing something?
Why do you want to vent that particular section?

Wow that was quick! Thanks.
I just assumed that this spur line would need a vent to balance it to ensure the suction didn't empty the P trap.

Reply to Is is OK to fit 32/56mm Durgo to 110 waste in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock