Search the forum,

Discuss Invoicing,quoteing, tax records. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

king of pipes

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Making the most of the time off doing my tax return due the 31st Of Jan , not great at keeping records never enough hours in a day but get there in the end, thinking of gettting some software to speed this up a bit in the newyear but a complete novice so dont want to get something thats not suitable what do you guys use? Happy new - year to you all. cheers kop

I’m using xero which is linked to my bank account so all transactions are ported over to the software at the click of a button and you can also account for the the VAT as well

My accountant also has access to software internet based program all he needs to do is log into account and sign it off, I believe from April 2018 the taxman is changing the rules regarding paper based account everything must be recorded on software this is what my accountant told me last year which I why I startled using xero

I have used quickfile before. Used it because it was free up to certain invoices etc and then about 54 quid after that.

Right now though I went back to basics using excel and word for quoting as the quote templates on everything are never as i'd like them to be and the excel sheets work out everything for me anyway. Break it all down to categories etc.

I use word for my quoteing and invoicing works ok but its time consuming , how much is xero a year bud ? Will have a look Ant. cheers kop

Last edited:
Powered now for my invoices .
I fill a weekly account sheet in for sales / expences / items bought / etc .
The secret is DO the sheet EVERY week , then at year end the accountant audits etc and sorts tax .

I know i wouldnt do that bud 7am till 7pm and most saturdays work load theres no way i am doing book work on a sunday , i am never without my diary so once a month i sit down and go through things .cheers kop Happy new year Town

Or go for something like quickbooks @ £2/3 month.

QuickBooks - Self-Employed Accounting Software - QuickBooks UK
Use QuickBooks and get an accountant who uses it too.
We are better off spending our time working and pay someone to do the stuff we hate.
I am looking for something similar and have been recommend quickbooks alot. Also they used to sponsor The Villa for 2 seasons.:p:p I am currently using Gas Engineer Software for my invoicing and I am sure that they are releasing something soon. (If not already)

It’s very easy to use. Any receipts, just take a picture within the app. Put the price and vat in and that’s the last you ever see of it. Bank statement download, so it’s harder to make mistakes. I can do invoices in minutes and once it’s emailed, that it. O need to print for your records, as your accountant has it all live.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Invoicing,quoteing, tax records. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock