Search the forum,

Discuss Interview help? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where is yours based for mate? There's loads of information on the first 2 pages go through that it should help you out

Tips for interviews for youngsters.

1) Remove any facial piercings and cover any tattoos. If you have an unusual hair style, calm it down as much as you can.
2) Dress smartly. Don't wear a baseball cap. Its much better to be overdressed than underdressed.
3) Turn your phone off, or better still, leave it at home. Don't put it on silent, as a vibrating phone may distract you at a crucial moment.
4) Take a copy of whatever paperwork you have submitted to them (Application form etc) AND any paperwork that they have sent to you. Make sure you have re-read both on the morning of the interview.
5) Read up as much background material about the organisation as you can, and commit key points to memory
6) Have some questions prepared. DO ASK about training and promotion prospects. DON'T ASK about holiday and sick pay. Its OK to ask about basic pay, overtime and pensions.
7) Some people react to being nervous by becoming loud. Try to avoid this, and control the speed at which you talk. Practice this at home.
8) Avoid making jokes about football, politics or religion. Jokes about the weather are OK.
9) Take a breath mint. If you smoke, don't have a cigarette for at least 30 mins before going in. (I know thats a tough one!)
10) Never turn up late, and try to avoid being too early. About 10 mins early is ideal. Recce the place you are going to, so you know how long it will take to get there, where you can park, where the reception desk is etc.

Good luck.

Yeah I mean which area did you apply for? I applied for Manchester. The training is just at the Stourbridge College mate

I live in Dudley so is down the road for me. When your interview mine Monday.

oh right yeah thats pretty good for you then haha. Mines next friday.

Will let you know how I get on. How old are you have you got experience of plumbing.

im 17, 18 next month and no mate i was doing sheet metal engineering/welding etc at first so not much experience do you?

I've just finished a welding apprenticeship, they must be looking for young welders then. Ha ha

yeah got the key skills level 2 in maths, i did engineering in school as well though so hopefully might of added with the application.

only 1 vacancy per area but not generally sure how many places theyve advertised for. Be tough to get but just have to try harder than you usually would for an interview.

Looked on the net they seemed to have advertised all over the country. We have done well to get an interview what tests do you think they will make us do.

I'm not to sure, companies like national grid make you do a telephone interview, then to an assessment centre then have a formal interview with someone before they tell you you have the job. Could be basic literacy and numeracy and then practical if there is another stage after the interview

You doing anything interesting Derek?
It was an invitation Vern, something to do with Energy Response Force and combined effort to raise awareness about energy efficiency, potential perks for us and WB are backing it, have had a look, committed 2 staff initially, see how it pans out.

It was an invitation Vern, something to do with Energy Response Force and combined effort to raise awareness about energy efficiency, potential perks for us and WB are backing it, have had a look, committed 2 staff initially, see how it pans out.
Nice one...let us know if anything good comes from it

I'm glad you two understand each other, cos I sure as hell don't.

Thank gawd for that, I was starting to think it was an age thing!

Good luck the pair of you!

If you get taken on remember you've a wealth of knowledge and experience on here to take advantage of!

Alright everyone. Got through to the next stage got to go down to Dudley for the day to do different assessments on the 18th. Cheers for the help and that again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Interview help? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock