Search the forum,

Discuss Intermittent Overheat lockout on a Worcester Heatslave 25/32 circa 2007 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wag

hi
I have an intermittent overheat issue (every 5-10 days) with a Worcester Heatslave 25/32. According to the customer the Dhw becomes scalding hot and the boiler then locks out on the overheat stat. So it’s locking out on the hot water side presumably. There are no external controls on the hot water and the boiler has been linked out from fitting, the heating is controlled by a 2 wire Honeywell digital Programmable stat.
Looks as though the wiring is correct although I have had to Rewire the frost stat as the switched live back was wired directly into the switched live from the Programmable stat not the fs connection.
I have been on the line to Worcester and they have had me change the hot water and boiler stats, then the Pcb, and then the pump. The issue persists! They cannot think of any reason why the stats would continue a demand for stored hot water after the demand is satisfied.
Is there, in your opinion, any reason to change either the flow switch or the diverter head? I’ve checked the Microswitch is not jammed and that the flow switch is working normally. As the issue can occur at any time of day or night (most recently 6 in the morning) before any taps have been used or any heating demand is switched on I have to assume that a normal topping up of the Heat Bank occurs and then for whatever reason the burner doesn’t switch off.
Any insight would be appreciated
Thanks

I would wire in a return stat with the Frost stat to stop overheating should the Frost stat activate.

Would have said sticking relay on pub. Or there's a leak/drip on the hot water pipework

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Intermittent Overheat lockout on a Worcester Heatslave 25/32 circa 2007 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Following on from my question about monitoring F & R temperatures, I needed a measuring device because the overheat stat. frequently trips and then needs to be reset. It normally happens when the boiler has switched off and is no doubt due to the hot water rising to the top of the boiler, but I...
Replies
Views
Help Please We have a 2005 Worcester Bosch Oil Heatslave 26/32 that is fitted with the optional timer. Recently we have a problem. To get either the heating or hot water to switch on the timer has first to be set for both to be ON but this just prepares the unit as neither will switch on at...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi everyone, we have low hot water pressure in the entire house. It doesn’t appear to be a problem with the boiler. A Heatslave 25/32 External. The central heating works. The hot water runs for a moment before shutting off. Should I be clearing residue or air somewhere? Thank you, Abram
Replies
Views
Hi I have a Glow-worm back boiler which is giving me grief (I would have upgraded it by now but its a listed building and there's issues with venting through the external wall and I'm reluctant to go with an electric boiler instead (because of the consumption cost)). It's a sealed system. The...
Replies
Views
A
  • Question
We have low hot water pressure in the entire house. Boiler is a Heatslave External 25/32, fuel in kerosene. The central heating is still working. Water initially heats up but soon flow ceases. The gauge pressure is correct. Do I need to release air or residue somewhere? Thank you.
Replies
Views
Abram R
A
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock