Search the forum,

Discuss Intermittent fault on biker mynute VHE in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

A

Aire

Couple weeks ago I was called to a customer complaining her hot water was extremely hot. When checking the system I found the 3 port to be stuck in the mid position which explained the hot water issue. While I was there I noticed the pump was an old bronze pump so advised it would be a good idea to also replace which she agreed. So new pump, new 3 port. System drained and filled up fine. Old pump was a little mucky but nothing out the ordinary for it age. House is only a small 3 bed with 7 rads. After running the system, everything worked fine. Customer has since contacted me explaining the boiler has needed resetting 3 times. Fault code flashing 74 which points to no water circulation. She also mentioned this had happened a couple times before my first visit so is an existing problem.
The boiler manual is a little vague as it just says check system operation, check pump and check water is in the system. I know these are fine so any ideas on what could be causing the fault?

Is the pump wired from the boiler?
Is there a flow sensor on this boiler and if there is have you checked its function?
Is this a Vokera? It says biker on the title so I presume that’s predictive spelling?

Haha yes just realised that, stupid predictive texting. It is a vokera. I haven't checked anything in the way of sensors as I haven't checked the boiler over. I cant get back to the boiler till mid next week so ive just told the customer to reset for now. The pump is wired into a wiring centre but had overrun so is linked to the boiler.

Haha yes just realised that, stupid predictive texting. It is a vokera. I haven't checked anything in the way of sensors as I haven't checked the boiler over. I cant get back to the boiler till mid next week so ive just told the customer to reset for now. The pump is wired into a wiring centre but had overrun so is linked to the boiler.
Is it this one?

Tu
I would start by checking how the pump is wired and looking at the flow sensor?
Don't do much with Vokera personally but that's where I would start.
I don't do much with any boiler in terms of repair, I'll probably give vokera a call on Monday. Chances are when I go look at the boiler it will be after hours so hope they can give me some pointers before I turn up

Reply to Intermittent fault on biker mynute VHE in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I have a ferroli falcon 2 boiler (yes it is pretty old). A few days ago the hot water started going hot and cold when running. Monitoring the boiler, the demand light works fine. When the water gets up to temperature every 10 seconds or so, the boiler stops for a fraction of a second...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Hope somebody can help :) I have a vented HW system with a pressurised Ch system but got bit of a annoying issue, when the hot water comes on all seems ok then after about 15/20 mins i started to hear a trickling noise from hw cylinder which i can also hear in the boiler. The central...
Replies
Views
Hello All, I wonder if you can help me? I have intermittent hot water low flow from all taps in my 4 bedroom house upstairs and downstairs. I can sometimes recover the usual water pressure by turning the hot and cold water taps on and off which seems very strange to me. There is no problem...
Replies
Views
Customer complains of Intermittent heating on Y plan with Stat satisfied. New boiler fitted last year (no permanent live required or fitted previously) on an existing Y plan system. Existing timer was a Randall 103 (no hot water off position as its a timer not a programmer). The customer wanted...
Replies
Views
Got up on Wednesday morning no hot water, (only cold water coming out of hot tap). Checked boiler, it had zero pressure and F1 fault showing. So I refilled the pressure using the filling loop, up to about 1bar which is where it usually is, which worked fine, had hot water all day. Same thing...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock