Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Intermittent drip from overflow pipe. in the Plumbing Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. John P

John P New Member

Hi.

I've got an drip that comes and goes from the overflow pipe from the black plastic tank above my boiler, which I think must be the feed/expansion tank. I had a new ball valve fitted by a plumber but still get a drip at times.

I don't understand why, if the ball valve is working, there would be a drip sometimes but no drip at other times.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

2. JCplumb

JCplumb Plumber

Any new mixer taps fitted recently?

3. John P

John P New Member

Thanks for your response.

No new mixer taps. The only plumbing work in the last year was replacement of valves on the heated towel rail.

John

4. sammathias

sammathias Plumber GSR

Boiler overheating?

5. Karl

Karl Member

Ball valve set up to high? Not enough room between water level and overflow to allow for expansion in the system?

6. John P

John P New Member

Maybe. I've turned it down. Thanks for the suggestion.
    John

7. John P

John P New Member

Hard for me to say. I had new ball valve fitted but it made no difference. Tank is so close to ceiling that it's impossible to see inside.

Thanks for the suggestions.

John