Search the forum,

Discuss InterGas Compact Eco in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

village idiot

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Just received Ray's new catalog and it claims the Eco range comes with a 10yrs warranty. I was going to order when I then realised that an expansion vessel has to be bought and fitted separately? The main reason for fitting a Combi is space saving as customer has little space in flat.
How can INTERGAS justify that the Rapid Combi has a built in expansion vessel but the Eco which should be their latest boiler hasn't?
Intergas needs to keep up with the times and sort this out.

Hi VI.

The Eco RF isn't a new boiler (apart from the ErP upgrade). Its been around for a while, they just haven't pushed it yet.

The Eco RF and the HRE offer choices for expansion, whereas the cheaper Rapid doesn't. If you want the expansion with the boiler, you pick the rear jig. If you want to site it else where choose the conventional expansion kit. These are listed on Page 4 of our book, and pictured on page 5 (bottom right). Its the same price whichever option you choose.

Just a note on that 10 year warranty (and the 7 years on the HRE) - it only applies to installers who have done the training and joined the Platinum installer scheme. The Intergas range does have some differences from other UK boiler manufacturers, and feedback on the training has been fairly positive. On page 2 of our book, you can see the dates of forthcoming training courses, or check this thread. There is the added benefit of a £75 off your first purchase voucher, which goes some way towards defraying the cost.

Whilst obviously its the installers choice, we would not recommend buying the boiler without doing the training first.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for that Ray. Out of interest, does the £75 voucher comes from your company or from InterGas?
As per the training, I may be tempted to go for the vogue instead as the InterGas option is a worry to me now. Customer has been promised a 10 yrs warranty, so better the devil I know than the untested 'angel'

Intergas needs to keep up with the times and sort this out.

I think Ray has explained things, now Village can catch up with the rest of the flock :)

The training course is not a hard thing to do, more an exercise in pr, the voucher comes on completion I believe, but intergas gives them out occasionally, plus they are or were doing a rewards scheme, 1 boiler paid for a kane fga service save £80 plus vat, 2 gives you something else and i think 10 was a free boiler or something.

Out of interest, does the £75 voucher comes from your company or from InterGas?

From Intergas

As per the training, I may be tempted to go for the vogue instead as the InterGas option is a worry to me now. Customer has been promised a 10 yrs warranty, so better the devil I know than the untested 'angel'

An excellent choice, I recently had a Vogue installed in my house. Why not also book on one of the training courses to widen your options next time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to InterGas Compact Eco in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock