Search the forum,

Discuss Insurance liability cost in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

townfanjon

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
hi peeps , Just crossed my mind after renewing my insurance .
How much public liability do you pay ? ,
I am on 2 Million, should it be 5

Thanks in advance

Only need 5 mil if your doing commercial work

And around 900-1.2k trade direct

I spoke to the gas safe about registering my own gas ticket through my bosses company and they said you don't need public liability if your gas safe registered. It must be due to having the qualification that your not going to make a mistake. Strange.

still need it as if you damage a clients house then whose pocket is it coming out of

That's what I thought but the gassafe people who I phoned up enquiringly about it said you don't need that. Strange that what I thought but if I've still got 8 months until I fully finish my 4 year plumbing apprenticeship how would I get public liability insurance as you need to be qualified tradesman. I've got my gas ticket but not registered as you know.

its an insurance so just pay up and smile :D

also get some tool cover its not much but can save your arse

we use trade direct

You must have public liability the society we live in you could easily be blamed for damages even if it was not your fault and sued , none of us are perfect and accidents do happen i am super super careful when working with gas and dont let anything go remember if you get it wrong it could quite easily be life threatening. Cheers kop

Last edited:
GasSafe were correct. No tradesman in the UK is REQUIRED by law (an GS do not demand it) to have PL insurance. But it is pretty daft, IMO, to trade without it. Some trade bodies make it a condition if membership to have cover.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Insurance liability cost in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hiya, hope everyones had a good Christmas. I need public liability, what companies should I go to for quotes? Your advise is much appreciated 🙂
Replies
Views
My renewal is over ÂŁ500 for ÂŁ2,000,000 cover. Domestic plumbing, heating and gas. Nothing unusual or nitch. Never made a claim, excess ÂŁ1000. 20yrs with same insurer does this sound about right? How much should i be paying, current quoter originally recommended by institute of plumbing. Cheers.
Replies
Views
C
Hello, I'm wondering if you can help me. I have an insurance company who is trying to get me to make my plumber re-quote for work to replace a broken bath. He's included a bath panel with the quote as it's the type of bath that requires a panel (and the original style is not available so can't...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Currently undergoing my level 2, hoping to get finished in the next few weeks. Looking to gain some experience, if anyone needs a mate etc. Im currently in the forces will be leaving in May however at the minute I can work Mondays/Fridays and weekends. Do not want paying just happy...
Replies
Views
Hi my triton shower suddenly had no water coming out after Thames water doing work outside my house, the shower just started buzzing with no water at all, after testing an hour later water is dribbling from where the hose connects, please can anyone help what they think could have failed and is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock