Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Insurance for when I am off ill in the Insurance for Plumbers area at

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guest123

    Guest123 Guest

    A few years back, I had a policy that was designed for self employed people and paid a lump sum if I was unable to work due to ill health etc.

    I never used it but recently I underwent unexpected emergency surgery and I was off work for a while. I'd like to have this type of policy again. Does anyone have one and know what it's called?
  2. snowhead

    snowhead Well-Known Member

    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2012
  3. tamz

    tamz Guest

    Used to be the combined insurance co. of america rep came around all the sites offering insurance. It was quite cheap. If you learned how to play it you could have a claim every year any time you were slack. They did a few different policies all mainly aimed at tradesmen. Last time i had it i got around 3.5 grand for chickenpox and a week in hospital with septicaemia which were genuine cases but most people i knew who had it claimed every time they got laid off.

    Most insurance policies for time off your work are either useless or too expensive to make them worth while.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. dontknowitall

    dontknowitall Guest

    Critical Illness insurance. Another one called Keyman insurance.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Guest123

    Guest123 Guest

    Cheers, guys.

    Tamz that was the policy that I had, couldn't remember who the company was.
  6. tamz

    tamz Guest

    I've never seen one of their reps for years now
  7. Guest123

    Guest123 Guest

    Probably went out of the game after all those payouts they had to make! LOL
  8. plumb

    plumb Guest

    A a self employed plumber I think you'd struggle to get a policy now. The stuff they offer requires you to lose limbs before they pay out. And sometimes the payout is not even that big. Most of hat they cover would be claimed off someone elses insurance anyway. I don't think hey are that great - but this plumber is happy to be proved wrong.
  9. Kevin Newsham

    Kevin Newsham Guest

    Hi all,

    My name is Kevin Newsham and i am one of the advisers at who Snowhead has kindly mentioned in his post on this topic.
    I would suggest that the best product for you would be an income protection policy that would pay out a monthly benefit to you whilst you are unable to work due to accicdent, sickness or disability. This benefit is paid until you return to work or you reach retirement age.

    If you have a pre-existing condition then this would not be covered under the policy as they tend to exclude conditions rather than increase the monthly premiums.

    I will gladly provide any advice and supply quotations to anyone interested and this is a free service. My email address is If you do email me can you make reference to this site. Our office number is 0800 4583525 but if you do call in please make sure you ask to speak to Kevin.

    Thank you.

    Kevin Newsham.
    Financial Consultant.
  10. Kevin Newsham

    Kevin Newsham Guest

    My email address is just kevin at and has no dashes. The system will not let me use the 'at' abbreviation.


    Kevin Newsham.
  11. clarky101

    clarky101 Plumber GSR

    American life or alico have now become reassure and I'm having to claim on my income protection plan as my wrist has stopped working and is fixed with no movement which requires a bone being remove 3 months in a cast and then 3 months recupration....this happened end of jan work this year it looks like..
Similar Threads - Insurance Forum Date
Adding tool cover to public liability insurance- is it worth it? Insurance for Plumbers Jan 30, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.