Search the forum,

Discuss Installing a tigerloop combi-3 in new heating oil supply installation. in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

I’m replacing my single skin plastic oil tank with a new bunded oil tank.

I’m going to replace the single 10mm pvc covered oil pipe too, so to keep the number of compression joints to a minimum, I’d like to fit an external tigerloop combi 3 de-aerator (the one that incorporates an isolation valve and filter) downstream of a new fire valve.

This will reduce the number of compression joints between the new oil tank and the tigerloop to four (4). i.e. Tank side, each side of the fire valve & the isolation valve integral to the tigerloop.

Would the above installation be acceptable from a regulations/OFTEC perspective?

Thanks for your time. Best, Chris.

If your using standard compression fittings you should be using pipe stiffeners as well
One stockists is heating word of spares.
Tank either needs to be installed/ ticketed by someone on a 'component person scheme ' or building control.
Out of interest what's the high difference between you tank base and burner?

Thanks for getting back to me and for the link.

I’ll use brass inserts, so don’t anticipate a problem there.

I put down a new concrete base for the oil tank this summer and a duct, underground, from the tank across the garden to the side of the house in accordance with OFTEC’s spec (photos taken at each stage for inspection and certification).

Height difference between the tank and the burner is approximately 0.75m.

I just want to reduce on the number of compression joints and do a better job than was done previously, hence why I’m considering the tigerloop combi 3 de-aerator.

Reply to Installing a tigerloop combi-3 in new heating oil supply installation. in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Im working on 6 suspended air blowers running old riello G5s.Oil tank is 100m away on ground level so 5m lower than the burners.So each unit has a Tigerloop which are all supplied with half inch iron pipework. Each unit has isolating valve 3\8 regulator oil filter then tigerloop. Can anyone...
Replies
Views
Hi All, We have finally decided after a bit of a persuasion to have installed a utility room in our garage that currently houses our oil boiler. Initially we thought the boiler may stay in place but after discussions with the builder we would have to move the boiler to replace the floor and...
Replies
Views
I have just replaced the old bathroom basin mono mixer taps, 2 tap heads, standard compression valve type, to a modern mono mixer single lever type. For some reason the hot water running on the new single lever mono mixer tap is slow flowing compared to the old ones. The cold water running...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I am very new to all this so forgive me if I am lacking alot of knowledge. Aiming to install a new central heating from scratch. Property details split over 3 floors 4 bedrooms 2 bathrooms open plan kitchen/lounge Current Installation assumptions install 8 rads in total running off...
Replies
Views
Hello The heating side of my Ariston Combi A23 has stopped working since a new 3 way valve has been installed. It's been a hugely reliable boiler up until now with regular servicing. When the heating is turned on the boiler ignites and looks to start up but then a few seconds in, knocking sounds...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock