Search the forum,

Discuss installing a new radiator taken off the old Rad in a property in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Tony

Gas Engineer
Hi Everyone, am about to install one new rad (w600 x L1800) in a property. how much can i charge as Labour and which rad work best and efficiency.

Also a new central heating pump into another property what can I charge as labour.

please, your contribution and advice is highly welcome.

Thanks.

Charge the time it takes plus materials.
As for which radiator is best, you're a Registered Gas Installer and asking these questions. Really?

Work out your hourly rate plus going to get gear and price of gear add up how long it might take you and charge the price Indo fixed price quotes others estimate. If you take too long then it will teach you to go more quickly next time. If you don’t get the job don’t worry
Rob Foster aka centralheatkng

Well, I don't mean to be harsh if the OP is for real, but doesn't being a gas installer usually involve a level 3 or equivalent? As such,
and which rad work best and efficiency.
is SUCH an open-ended question as to lead me to consider that the OP is not a registered gas installer.

Do you use a merchants?
Use your local merchant,avoid the big sheds, but keep screwfix and toolstation book in ur van.
Watch out if you have an account sometimes prices change , like copper pipe and you might not notice just signing for stuff. Rob Foster aka centralheatking If your doin plenty of ch work register with Flowflex who will same dispatch boxes of fittings at really amazing prices, but not for small volume Chk

@Ric2013, am a gas safe registered with level 3, as said still new in the market world, have been doing more servicing and repair of boiler but not getting job on installation like this.
still appreciate your advice, a way of moving forward.

I think Ric was really getting at Was that to do an NVQ you should really have had some hands on experience already. Was it a shorter course you did rather than apprenticeship

I think Ric was really getting at Was that to do an NVQ you should really have had some hands on experience already. Was it a shorter course you did rather than apprenticeship
Not really, I was getting at the fact that sizing systems is in the NVQ3 book and that the question seems very vague. Obviously if the question had been more specific such as which brand of radiator has a bigger output per sq m of suface or litre of water content, I would have said nothing. In fairness to the OP, manufacturers come out with an awful load of dribble about radiator 'efficiency' which, in the case of QRL, came down to output per kg of steel in the radiator, so I can see the scope for the question.

FWIW, I have yet to see anything to conflict with my view that all radiators are equally 'efficient' in that they all transfer heat from water to air. Obviously some radiators have better heat transfer for their size, but this will show in the manufacturer's data and radiators would be selected against the heating requirement of the room. Lower water content will mean that once the heating is switched off then there is less potential for overshoot of the required room temperature, but, where the heat output is required more or less constantly, a 1kW radiator is much like any other 1kW radiator.

As the OP will be more aware than me, there is a good argument in favour of fitting higher output radiators and then running the system at a lower temperature, to ensure the boiler runs in condensing mode.

In any case, Tony, welcome to the forums.

Reply to installing a new radiator taken off the old Rad in a property in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock