1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discuss Insignia Shower Cabin in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

Tags:
  1. Jimlin

Jimlin New Member

I'm about to install an Insignia shower cabin. Has anyone got experience of these?
    It is the Monochrome model no steam or electrics.
    Insignia advise installing isolators to the water feeds and turning them on only when you want to use the shower. This sounds odd to me. To make them easily accessible would require a lot of rerouting of the pipes. I’d be grateful for some advice and any general tips on installing these cabins.

2. YorkshireDave

YorkshireDave Plumber

Firstly, I would be seriously concerned about having to isolate each time.
    No plumbing isolation valve I've ever fitted (or even come across) is made for that level of duty (ons/offs).
    My advice. Stay well clear...

Edit:
    Just Googled, it's Victoria Plum. DEF stay away...
    2.5bar MINIMUM pressure!
    Says 5 years guarantee on front but only 1 year in specification. RUN AWAY.. :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. townfanjon

townfanjon Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Sorry , I hate them bloody things .

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Jimlin

Jimlin New Member

5. Jimlin

Jimlin New Member

Thank you for replying.
    Is there any way they can be sorted? It’s sitting there awaiting installation. What are the implications of 2.5 bar minimum pressure? I probably would never use the body jets, just the overhead monsoon and the hand held head.
    Are there alternative shower cabins that work better?
    Thanks again.

6. Jimlin

Jimlin New Member

Thanks for replying. Can you tell me more? I may be stuck with it and need to try and make it work.

7. YorkshireDave

YorkshireDave Plumber

If you don't have a hot water flow of around 12lpm at 3.5bar then the monsoon will be more of a dribble.
    What hw system do you have?

8. townfanjon

townfanjon Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

They just look like they have been plonked in a corner , hard to clean around the back , but main problem is in a few years or, just out of warranty when it goes wrong , you will not be able to get a part and its scrap . Chinese ****.

9. YorkshireDave

YorkshireDave Plumber

The only thing they concerned about is the sale. Onus is on you to decide fitness for purpose & they offer zero help.

10. Jimlin

Jimlin New Member

Gravity fed from tank in the loft to a hot water tank upstairs. Dedicated feed from the top of the hot water tank to a 1.5 bar twin impeller shower pump. Additional cold water tank to feed the shower pump

11. YorkshireDave

YorkshireDave Plumber

You have just answered your own question Jim. I'm afraid it will not work properly if at all.

To make it work, you'd need to upgrade loft tank, hot water cylinder and pump.

Sorry.

12. Riley

Riley S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Do the maths 2.5 min required and your pump is 1.5

13. Ben-gee

Ben-gee Plumber

Jimlin, my advice would be to take it back. This is what everyone else s telling you too. Of course it could be made to ‘work’ by putting a bigger pump and sufficient hot/cold stored water capacity but that is just a case of throwing good money after bad. With your current set up there are many better options to get a decent shower, which I presume is the aim of the exercise.

14. bogrodder

bogrodder Plumber GSR

• Agree Agree x 1