Search the forum,

Discuss Input rate on cookers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys been learning input rates on cookers this week in college and I'm surprised at how many cookers failed.

The cookers in college are not even a year old and out of 6 cookers 5 of them failed.

its probably because they are used everyday and stripped down and tested etc.

but in a customers property and the cooker fails input rate and its outside the 8% tolerance then its an ID situation and should be isolated. Right?

Anybody had to cap of somebody's cooker because of this?

be good to hear peoples experiences with this.

Thanks guys

I've done two

One I didn't even have to test, put it this way I don't think it was ever cleaned in 10 years

The other had a 6 mbar drop on it

Don't forget the ones in college are there to test you. So inherently, will fail.

Yeah you are probably right.

My tutor did state that so many engineers out there do not test this when servicing a cooker.

To me, if i was in customers house to service for the sake of a few minutes i would check input rate because i would not feel comfortable walking away from an unsafe appliance not having covered my arse.

Thanks for replies guys im sure ill be posting quite frequently throughout my course

Hi Hugbru,

Thanks for posting. I rented my house out for ten years and the gas was inspected regularly and serviced to the RGI's recommendations. Cooker check they all did was: do all the hobs and oven light, do the hobs shut down when the lid is lowered, does the thermocouple on the oven shut off within 30 seconds and 1 minute of the gas being turned off? I imagine they did a visual of the flame patterns.

I didn't even know there was a pressure test point on the cooker. So I've learned something. Thank you!

Yeah you are probably right.

My tutor did state that so many engineers out there do not test this when servicing a cooker.

To me, if i was in customers house to service for the sake of a few minutes i would check input rate because i would not feel comfortable walking away from an unsafe appliance not having covered my arse.

Thanks for replies guys im sure ill be posting quite frequently throughout my course

Have you found the cookers bit interesting?

I have found it interesting to be honest.
Wasnt to interested but now i will be looking more into them.

Do you work on many?

Yes, more Commercial ones than Domestic though. The Domestic ones I look at tend to be part of Landlord Gas safety reports rather than repairs.

Last edited:
heres one hellfire posted in the gas engy section

20171108_143422.jpg

20171108_150054.jpg

Last edited:
and now?

now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Input rate on cookers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock