Search the forum,

Discuss Indirect cylinder thremostat in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it possible to get a thermostat which has a 'tight' temperature switching range? Ours seems to cycle around 4-5 degrees before switching (according to the setting dial) and the water sometimes varies too much in temperature. It would be good to find one that switches on a smaller range.

It's like that on purpose. If it's too "tight" it will be turning your boiler on and off way too much.

This is from honeywells site.

10 degree diferential! So 5 either way is bang on.
image.jpg

Have you measured the temperature variation at the taps?

Or are you just turning the tank stat up and down to see when it's switching.

The stat may be faulty and slow to operate.

You shouldn't be able to notice 4 -5 degrees differential at the tap.

SWMBO 'complained' of 'cool' bath water today and the stat was at the 'call for heat' pos - the water was noticeably cooler. Once cycled, the water temp was again fine. I don't think it is 'slow' so how do I check if it is faulty?

No. I have not checked at the tap.

where is your cylinder stat located as if its near the top it will only heat 1/3 of the water etc

from the bottom of the cylinder is should be about 1/4-1/3 up of the total height of the cylinder

so on a stnd 900 cylinder thats around 300mm from the bottom

Saun - the problem is not quantity of water but temperature. The stat is 'way down' the cylinder. Well below your ideals.

Looks an alright install. You don't have a TMV anywhere do you?

Does anyone know the differential on a Switchmaster stat as shown? I cannot find Switchmaster anywhere on the internet - are they out of business? I have found a replacement stat with a 5 deg diff.

Cylinder stats are a cheap and simple install so I think I'd change it and see if it's any better.

Bet you enjoyed that Meester Riley! I actually asked about the spec and manufacturer, but in the meatime I have noticed that the stat is switching between 57 and (set at 52 due to its position). I will look more closely to see if it is actually cream-crackered.

Thanks Nick - makes sense - any recs?

Not really sure what you're on about. I was just trying to clarify the differential

No your post regarding switch master just wasnt the clearest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Indirect cylinder thremostat in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock