Search the forum,

Discuss increasing hot water flow rate in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mintsauce5

Hi , wondering if anyone could advise me wether it is possible to increase the hot water flow rate on a potterton combi 80 combination boiler , i'd like to have a mixer shower fitted but the hot water flow rate is less than the cold flow rate , a few years ago we had a plumber come out to do some work on the rads and i recall him saying that there was a restrictor or something in the boiler that could be changed , anyone any ideas about this ?? :confused:

just reduce the flow rate of the cold to the shower an 80kw boiler should be more than enough to give a good shower
check that the combis is giving the flow its rated at by timing filling a litre jug or similar

There is a thermostatic flow restricting valve on this boiler
The idea was to restrict flow until hot water heats up,then restrictor opens up and allows full flow rate through outlet/tap
This could be faulty and not opening up fully,it can be replaced
It can be removed but the engineer would have to know the boiler as then some adjustment inside boiler pipework is required
for shower to work ok with this boiler,low flame gas pressures may require adjusting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to increasing hot water flow rate in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock