Search the forum,

Discuss Incoming mains 3bar flow rate 16litre permin in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

3bed house 2 shower 2sink
11rads
What size combo boiler please

3 bar at 16 litres per min is very good. When did you test this ?
I would be careful ...in high summer or peak morning times it may well be less. What times did you sample ? Where about s are you .we will all move nearby eg ..London the water crawls out if the pipe and tastes uck and still has female contraceptive pill residue in it
Rob Foster aka centralheatking

Storage combi at min something like a Viessmann 111 or 222 best option is an unvented cylinder

3 bar at 16 litres per min is very good. When did you test this ?
I would be careful ...in high summer or peak morning times it may well be less. What times did you sample ? Where about s are you .we will all move nearby eg ..London the water crawls out if the pipe and tastes uck and still has female contraceptive pill residue in it
Rob Foster aka centralheatking
North Scotland 25 mile from inverness
Tested 0815

08.15 on a Sunday ? I would do it again on a weekday morning about 07.30 hopefully you will get same result Rob Foster aka centralheatking
Also this sounds like a rural area, there might be an area pump set that kicks in during the day. If you want to really check see what it’s like in the dead of night when a local pump set might be timed off .
Chking

No Riley, area pumps are usually off until 5.00am to save lecky and reduce pressure in main and leakage when system in low demand. In my village the lights used to flicker when the thing started up around 5am Centralheatking
I meant the opening question

08.15 on a Sunday ? I would do it again on a weekday morning about 07.30 hopefully you will get same result Rob Foster aka centralheatking
Not Sunday Tuesday
Viessmann 111 or 222 as mentioned previously if no room for unvented cylinder
Also this sounds like a rural area, there might be an area pump set that kicks in during the day. If you want to really check see what it’s like in the dead of night when a local pump set might be timed off .
Chking
not out in the sticks, just good scottish mains water and a good water board

Reply to Incoming mains 3bar flow rate 16litre permin in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi Could I ask for some help with a water flow rate problem. I have good mains water pressure on the ground floor. There is no tank in the loft but an unvented cylinder in the upstairs airing cupboard. A gas heat only boiler. Upstairs I have two en suite rooms. One with a shower and one with...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have quite low flow rate for my electric shower (a piddling 5L/min), and would like some tips or advice about how to solve or find the cause. I would like a flow rate of about 12L/min. Here is my set-up: Standard gas boiler (not a combi) in the kitchen, have cold water tanks in the...
Replies
Views
Essaboy
E
M
I have a viessman vitodens 222F combi storage boiler on the ground floor. It has 100l capacity inbuilt cylinder which is delivered on mains pressure. I bought it hoping I could have two showers across floors running with hot water even if it’s a short while, while avoiding an unvented...
Replies
Views
Max Hill
M
I have just had a boiler, hot water tank and power shower pump replaced on advice by my plumber. I have two separate boilers, heat/hotwater systems in the house. This boiler was replaced by a combi boiler as it only heats the lounge and master bed and provides hot water to en-suite bathroom and...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've had a WB 8000 35kw boiler installed today and was searching through some websites which talked about range rating your boiler and/or turning down the flow temperature to save on cost. I spoke to the engineer that installed it and he advised against rage rating saying that having 17...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock