Search the forum,

Discuss Inadequate system survey - please help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Unregistered

Dear Plumbing Community,

I recently had a system survey and the plumber installed a new boiler at £3000. The new boiler
never worked properly and caused a massive leak in my living room and kitchen.

The pipe system in my home is 30 years old but the plumber didn't warn
me that a new boiler could be too powerful for an old pipe system and he didn't
suggest replacing the pipes.

He denies all responsibility, he couldn't find or fix the leaks, and I had to get another firm
out to find and fix the leaks.

To get some justice, I need to get in writing from a plumber that a system survey should
have identified a possible problem with a new boiler going on 30-year-old pipework,
and that a competent engineer should have warned me or advised on getting new pipes too.

Could anyone help with this request?

Thank you so much.

Jennifer

Jennifer.

Please register with us to receive an answer to your problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Inadequate system survey - please help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I am replacing our 11 year old boiler (due to H.Ex. leak) with a new one. This is in a "sealed" system with red expansion vessel in airig cupboard & a megaflo (no tank in loft). However the exisiting boiler is Vaillant ecoTEC 4xx boiler - which is satated by vaillant as an "open vent" boiler...
Replies
Views
I am looking into a new Main eco compact / Baxi 618 system boiler set up for PDHW (if its possible) I was hoping to use the EPH controls priority hot water pack I currently have a 15year old HWC around 900mm tall by 450mm dia would I benefit from a new fast recovery HWC for the system (I...
Replies
Views
Good evening, I'd like your opinion on something that is worrying me please: my landlady's plumber replaced the bottom/night element of my 20-year-old unvented cylinder (an Ariston Classico HE STD 150) 5 days ago and I hadn't noticed that it was leaking. He fixed the leak today but now the...
Replies
Views
About 5 year ago, I had a new central heating system (radiators) installed to replace my old warm air underfloor system. The warm air side of the new system is okay but we cannot get any hot water without running a bucketfull of cold water first. This means having to wash your hands in cold...
Replies
Views
I have a "Firebird Envirogreen Condensing Combi Oil Boiler 26kW" a part has went and I can't find it anywhere, I was at every plumbers merchant near me but they all need to ring Firebird who are closed till next week. I wonder if anyone can help me find this part please? It's a pressure sensor...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock