Search the forum,

Discuss Impact drivers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
makita 14v impact driver its the nuts,i use it with the impaktor bits and arbor from toolstation

dewalt= black&decker= pants, milwaukee, hilti & hitachi for me never had problems with any of them

dewalt = black and decker??

milwaukee = ryobi?

stanley is also = black and decker

come back with a better argument than they are related to a diy brand of tools, if you have had some bad dewalt tools fair enough, tell us about your experiences?, almost all brands have a diy range that are pants compared to a half decent trade version.

Last edited:
Ryobi don't just make shyte diy and semi pro stuff.
I have an old Ryobi Industrial demolition combi hammer drill lying around somewhere. It was an excellent beast of a gun but it took K taper and spline bits.
I stopped using it years ago when i got a T76 (which was less powerful) and moved all my big drill bits over to SDS max.

I have them little 10.8 makitas and they are great for most things but also a Ryobi one pluss thingy got it when I got a cordless jigsaw for a 1 of job not the best but the impactor is great!!

I've got a wee 10.8v metabo. It does everything i need it to do and i can stick it in my pocket.

I'm also loving the 10.8v Li-ion at the moment, got a nice little Bosch combi drill and my 18v Makita's are gathering dust!

I have the Bosch 10.8 V thinks that great does all I need and fits in my hands tool bag nicely

Ryobi are a massive industrial outfit. I used to have a colour printing press made by them. Their stuff is better than Bosch and a lot of other popular brands.

All my Dewalt stuff is great but it's let down by poor batteries. They don't last as well as the tools. I do like the Milwaukee M12 stuff and have bought a few tools. Only time will tell how good they are.

for an idea of what cells are in your tools batterys check this out

[DLMURL="http://dewaltownersgroup.com/index.php/topic,204.0.html"]Who's Using What? Lithium Ion. - DeWALT Owners Group - Forum for Dewalt owners[/DLMURL]

the above linked forum also has some good reviews/ testing of different brands batterys and performance etc. its a good place to learn. Plenty of brands use the same couple of brands and even the exact same cells in there batterys.

Last edited by a moderator:
milwaukee m12 and dewalt 10.8v owners check these threads out

[DLMURL="http://dewaltownersgroup.com/index.php/topic,439.0.html"]TESTING MILWAUKEE'S M12 RED LITHIUM ION BATTERY - DeWALT Owners Group - Forum for Dewalt owners[/DLMURL]

[DLMURL]http://dewaltownersgroup.com/index.php/topic,396.0.html[/DLMURL]

Never been impressed with DeWalt. Hilti if I can afford it, else Milwaukee or Makita would be my choice.

Impact drivers on old screws can be troublesome as often you risk burring over the slots or shearing off the heads. Often I reckon it's better to use a high torgue at a steady slow turn.

Can't falt Hilti mate, once you've had Hilti you will never go back :D

Attachments

• 2013-03-06 13.31.10.jpg
    2013-03-06 13.31.10.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 124
Tried to buy Hilti when I upgraded my tools a few years ago. It was too much hassle, you had to get a quote from them direct, and if you ordered you would have to open an account. I like to get the RRP and then shop around for the best deals.

Their loss, as I bought a ÂŁ400 Makita combi drill, and have added to the collection over the years. Just bought the 18V SDS this very weekend.

Sure more would buy from them if they would put their products into stores, instead of being so exclusive.

BTW - that ÂŁ400 combi/impact driver I bought is CRAP!

When all this stuff is done in a few years, I will try again to buy Hilti.

It's annoying, as I hear great things about their products.

I've not been amazingly impressed with the Makita lith ion stuff I have. On the whole it's been a bit crap.

The combi/impact driver started spewing grey smoke on the day I bought it, when drilling a 20mm whole through timber with a flat bit. Not exactly hard work. Also changing modes is very tricky, the slide button is stiff, and in impact mode, driving screws it gets very hot if used for a prolonged time, like screwing down a bathroom ply floor.

Then I bought the drill driver (the beast one, with the metal chuck) and that crunches if you tighten the chuck in gear three. (Makita know about this, and said just change it to gear 1 when doing this - WHAT!?). My old Makita could be tightened in gear 2, so why can't this one?

Then I bought the jigsaw, no real complaints about this, quite a good tool, and I've just bought the 18V SDS.

I have other Makita kit, but 240V their..... skill saw, another jig saw, small angle grinder, and angle drill. So a fair bit of their kit....none of it is as well made as it was 10 years ago. Yeah the batteries last a long time on their cordless stuff but they also fail very often, and are mega bucks.

I personally have the 18v milwaukee tools (apprentice with a full kit of m12 and m18 dedicated to the job arnt i!)

the regular 12v impact is great for its size and voltage, just a little bit lower spec than the makita 18v impact in practical turns however the new m12 brushless impact is practicly the same as the makita 18v!
Advantage is you have 2 settings, 1 is slow speed and high torgue which is great for old screw, setting 2 is full power, drive anything with reason then!

If you can afford it got for the 18v kit and get the brushless impact, has the settings again and simply nothing compares.

personal views :D having used milwaukee, panasonic, bosch, makita and hilti

i would go with milwaukee or hilti
i chose milwaukee for the bigger range of tools

Hi

Was thinking of getting one but im not sure what one to get. Needing it for various things like 4"screws getting out old screws.

I have m12 milwaukee stuff so i would only need the bare tool. same with some 18v makita stuff.

Who uses one and which one/voltage?

ta
my uncle has a cordless snap-on impact driver used it on tanks when he worked abroad

Yeah might be abit of a ball ache to go through the motions, but once your setup its a piece of pss. Had mine next day, was talking to the Hilti south rep via email for a few days before, he got me to upgrade abit the bugger but he did sort me out a 20% discount which made the price really fair plus he stuck in a few freebies :p They are a solid bit of kit and a little bit of wee comes out every time I use them lol joke....... not joking it does lol

Funnilly enough a bloke at work was saying that his brother in law just bought a cordless SDS and impact driver from Hilti. He tried it at the weekend, and it was the nuts. Really powerful.

Next time. I don't want to wish away all my Makita kit, as it's cost me a bomb, but I will upgrade it all in the next few years. Or when it gets nicked, which has happened to me twice in the last 10 years. Lost almost every powertool I owned. :(

Just to say, I ended up getting a Milwaukee m12 Fuel impact driver. came with a combi drill, charger and 2x 4ah batteries.

Only been using it yesterday and today but seems really good. Only gave the combi drill a quick spin because I mainly use my drill driver.

So I recomend the milwaukee impact driver for folk looking for a new one.

The recommendations on this thread have made my decision a lot easier, so thanks everyone, think I'm going to get myself the Milwaukee M12 FUEL 1/4" Impact driver :2guns:

hilti are a strange company who still work in the old fashioned way it cant be doing them much good 20 years ago all site work drills were hilti now you seldom see any cant say that ive seen many of there fixings around either
ive still got a 22 but its knackered ive got a little t14 which i keep for when i need a 110 drill
i paid a kings ransome for one of there first battery drills with the option to wear the battery on a shoulder strap batteries went just out of guarantee and they wanted 2 kings ransome to replace and ive never bought another thing from them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Impact drivers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock