Search the forum,

Discuss Impact drivers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Plamber

Hi

Was thinking of getting one but im not sure what one to get. Needing it for various things like 4"screws getting out old screws.

I have m12 milwaukee stuff so i would only need the bare tool. same with some 18v makita stuff.

Who uses one and which one/voltage?

ta

amazing tools. Make life so much easier. I have an 18v dewalt xr. cracking bit of power. It came as a set with the hammer drill

I have 18 v Milwaukee excellent use it with anything upto 150mm rapiers directly into concrete , brilliant kit.

I have the new makita 18v btd146z I had the previous model too great bits of kit.

been looking at the m12 one due to it being small and light. although now there seems to be a brushless one. anyone used these??

I read somewhere that the first brushless ones (the ones that are out at the mo) aren't to clever, can't remember exactly why.

I agree with simon and stani. The milwaukee is great. I have never had a problem with the milwaukee products. The 18v and 12v are two different animals. 18 is the way to go.

I read somewhere that the first brushless ones (the ones that are out at the mo) aren't to clever, can't remember exactly why.

I think it was mentioned on here. It's new technology so bound to be a few teething problems. I'll give em a go in a few years time when the bugs have been ironed out.

All my gear is Makita. Personally think it's better than Dewalt but there isn't much in it.

Maybe I'll avoid the brushless stuff for now then. I always belive a good tool should last years. I have a 18v dewalt drill that is 9 years old and still works. My small milwaukee tools are only a year old and I hope they can last as long

ive had both the bosch, milwaukee and dewalt 10.8/12v impact drivers. The dewalt is the best of the three.

if you have some makita 18v stuff get the makita 18v impact driver, one of the best tools makita make.

I have the Makita combination drill. Which is a drill driver, hammer drill, and impact driver in one. It's crap....and cost me Ā£380!

Some of their other stuff is pretty good though.

I've got the Milwaukee 18v.
Brilliant bit of kit. Have used the makita and dewalt they do the job well enough but don't feel anywhere near as robust as the Milwaukee

The thing that does my head in is the cost of batteries. Screwfix charge Ā£108 for an 18V lith ion, makita battery.

You can buy a drill with battery and a charger for about Ā£150.00. It just doesn't add up.

yeah batteries are so expensive. think I will just go with the 12v milwaukee seeing as I have 3 batteries for those tools. And im sure one of my makita ni-cad ones is dying a bit.

My 18v dewalt is really just for my shed and various outside things.

The thing that does my head in is the cost of batteries. Screwfix charge Ā£108 for an 18V lith ion, makita battery

Try Ā£140 Danny.

If anyone is looking for a brand new Milwaukee charger with new M12 battery, both unused give me a shout. Bought in error and going very cheap to whoever wants it.

Try Ā£140 Danny.

It's madness isn't it.

I was on a job a few weeks back and there was three Makita 18V 3amp batteries in the bin. This was an office refit, and I was rushing around, I should have grabbed em out and checked them myself. That's Ā£420 worth of batteries.

I have three batteries and they've all been ok. But I've blokes I've worked with have had theirs fail after about a year. They just won't take a charge, and come up with an error light.

The next tool I want is the cordless angle grinder, so I will probably buy it with a charger/battery. My charger has always been dodgy. The fan makes a a load of noise. I've dismantled it, can't see anything wrong.

It's madness isn't it.

I was on a job a few weeks back and there was three Makita 18V 3amp batteries in the bin. This was an office refit, and I was rushing around, I should have grabbed em out and checked them myself. That's Ā£420 worth of batteries.

I have three batteries and they've all been ok. But I've blokes I've worked with have had theirs fail after about a year. They just won't take a charge, and come up with an error light.

The next tool I want is the cordless angle grinder, so I will probably buy it with a charger/battery. My charger has always been dodgy. The fan makes a a load of noise. I've dismantled it, can't see anything wrong.

it is a joke, love the drills though, I just replaced two of my battery's that died. I'd steer away from th grinder mate, it puts the battery's under too much strain IMHO, I recently sold my skillsaw, recipricator and the grinder for that reason. All I use now is the impact gun, combi drill and hammer drill, great bits of kit. Yea the chargers get noisy after time, mines been like it for ages.

it is a joke, love the drills though, I just replaced two of my battery's that died. I'd steer away from th grinder mate, it puts the battery's under too much strain IMHO, I recently sold my skillsaw, recipricator and the grinder for that reason. All I use now is the impact gun, combi drill and hammer drill, great bits of kit. Yea the chargers get noisy after time, mines been like it for ages.

Ah OK. Thanks. I will stick with the corded one I have then. I fancied the skillsaw too, don't think I'll risk it after hearing that.

I'm also after a cordless SDS. I've avoided one for ages, but now regret not buying the one you had on here a while back.

I have been debating for yrs which sds cordless to get. Then I have tried a few but nothing compares to my corded hilti. Drilling into concrete is just effortless. Saves so much time

I have the little m12 sds. handy for rawl plugs. biggest ive bored with it is 16mm though. managed it fine too. but i think i should possibly invest in a bigger battery sds aswell as my mains one can be a pain to set up if working outside.

I use this one for hanging rads/boilers etc and if im in a good mood the occasional 10mm hole for a room stat cable
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365536643.857211.jpg

And this beast for the rest, makes mincemeat of concrete
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365536675.523469.jpg

ive just got the dewalt 18xr sds with 4ah batts, drilled some 30mm holes with it (going up a few sizes) today and it went like stink, im very impressed with it tbh. best cordless sds ive used below 28v by far.

im very impressed with my new dewalt 18v xr kit, all they need to do now is bring out a 3ah batt and radio for the 10.8v and ill stick.

my v28 stuff will stay with me for my big jobs/ new builds.

ive just got the dewalt 18xr sds with 4ah batts, drilled some 30mm holes with it (going up a few sizes) today and it went like stink, im very impressed with it tbh. best cordless sds ive used below 28v by far.

im very impressed with my new dewalt 18v xr kit, all they need to do now is bring out a 3ah batt and radio for the 10.8v and ill stick.

my v28 stuff will stay with me for my big jobs/ new builds.
Is that the 3 mode one? With 2 batteries and charger? Where did you get it and how much? I too think the xr range is great. The only problem is is that dewalt spent so much money on this range to get ahead of the others that they won't be able to bring a new range out for a long time. That is what I heard any way

I like it when manufacturers don't constantly bring out new ranges. It's annoying when you invest in a tool, and then they supercede it a week later!

But it means that all other brands will upgrade way before dewalt can so in the end they will be lagging behind

i wouldnt be without my little 12v makita impact driver i use it for everything casing screws on boilers up to 4 inch screws mines the old style batteries but i keep putting of the jump to lion ones

Hi

Was thinking of getting one but im not sure what one to get. Needing it for various things like 4"screws getting out old screws.

I have m12 milwaukee stuff so i would only need the bare tool. same with some 18v makita stuff.

Who uses one and which one/voltage?

ta

I have the m12 and m18 impact drivers. Both awesome. 12v gets used most often as it fits in my pocket.

Don't know why anyone is still buying that Dewalt/Makita rubbish ;)

its the 3 mode, i brought it as bare tool for about Ā£130ish. already had 4 x 4ah batts from rest of the kit i brought.

its been stated on a dewalt related site i think that they as other brands have a limited buget for R and D for new tools. They will use this money on the lines that sell the most first. so unlike the way milwaukee do it they wont put out a full line in a year but it will grow over time. They have most of the tools you would want in the xr range now. Waiting is not always a bad thing, once they brought there 10.8v range out you could see alot of thought went into them creating the best in class imo. it just means you wait longer for stuff i guess, but worth the wait if better products come of it.

bosch take around 2 years to develope each tool, which is why they seem to lag behind sometimes. I was told that if it has the bosch name on it it must have at least 2 years of full testing done to prove its quality before it hits the public?

dewalt= black&decker= pants, milwaukee, hilti & hitachi for me never had problems with any of them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Impact drivers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an old steel water mains pipe (approx 45mm) that I need to connect to a new pehd water mains (25mm). I can't get at it to create a new thread so what's the best way of connecting the two? Cheers, Peter
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it šŸ˜¬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
We have 2 brand new cordless, battery powered press tools in stock, and flying off the shelves. Our TekTools TZ1930 & TZ1550 are packed with advanced features - these cordless press tools are engineered for speed, precision, and ease of use across various applications. Just reply to this thread...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock