Search the forum,

Discuss Identifying a sink please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

4F04C38D-EF64-47ED-B5A2-82C50573404B.jpeg
Evening everyone, was hoping for some help identifying my in-laws bathroom sink, to see if anyone has ever came across it before. They’re thinking about getting a new one so looking for anything on how to take it apart without smashing it.

Father inlaw mentioned it had really big springs in the pedestal part so, would like any info, to save just smashing it apart.

Thanks for any help given.

Is there any sign of any fixings on the underside of the basin? If you can't see anything it may just hook on. Is there a reason you can't smash it? Are you wanting to save it?

Nothing I can see from the outside, just the joining seam with the basin. He’s hoping to get it off with out damaging the floor or wall behind it as it’s all tiled and if it comes off in chunks could crack or damage the floor/wall. Looks like it weighs a fair bit too.

Put loads of dust sheets wadded up not laid out smoothly and hit gently downwards with a hammer.
If you’re really concerned: cover the entire thing with good quality duct tape first. As a chuck comes away, cut it free with a Stanley knife and reapply duct tape to that area- it will take a long time and a lot of tape but should do the trick for you.

Yeah will batter on and come up with something, found out through the magic of eBay it’s a Jacob delafon trocadero basin.

Thanks for all the replies

Reply to Identifying a sink please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock