Search the forum,

Discuss Identify Boiler Return in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello Forum,

Please could you help confirm that Pipe 'A' is the boiler return?
- Pipe 'C' confused me, but I believe it is the return from Upstairs/Downstairs heating zones.

Pipe Description

A Boiler Return?
B Boiler Flow
C Return from Upstairs/Downstairs heating zones?
D Downstairs Heating Flow
E Cold Feed
F Hot Water from Cylinder

I want to add a Magnaclean to the boiler return.

Thanks in advance.

regards

Richard.

photo1.jpg
photo2.jpg

Pipe A looks like the return, but you can basically put them where you want. Adey recommend to place it on the return after the last radiator but this is only a recomendation and isn't always practical. Put it where you can best access it for future cleaning. A filter anywhere on the system is better than no filter at all.

Hi Craig,

Merry Xmas,

Yeah, I agree that Pipe A looks a bit of a nightmare as the location for the filter, especially as the filter would be practically on the floor.

Pipework at the boiler is inaccessible as it is all boxed in, so that is out, so it will need to be somewhere within this cupboard, I’ll need to have a good think about it...

The Magnaclean Professional 2 needs a fair amount of space, alternatively the new Magnaclean Atom, might be a better choice as it is designed for tight spaces.

A couple of ways to narrow down the return - wait until it's all cold , switch the boiler on (call for heat) feel which pipe warms up first. And / or look at the installation instructions for your boiler and trace out what's what. As i understand putting it on the return just before the boiler is to prevent sludge from the rads getting in to the boiler. If that's not practical then, as above put it where you can get to it easily (I'd try and keep it as close to the boiler return as poss.) Atb.

If your struggling for space then the atom may be a better fit. I haven't needed to fit one yet so not sure how many radiators it's designed for, it's a small filter so if you have a larger system just be mindful you may need to clean it out more often than once a year.

Thanks everyone for your comments and advice.

Based on all that has been said here, I think I might use the Atom on the boiler return pipework.

Before I do, I’ll double check with Adey, that it can work well with the 10 rad system I have.

The Atom was apparently designed to make servicing easy, a 10 min job, without the need to turn anything off, so multiple servicing each year shouldn’t be a problem.
- I’ll watch some more YouTube vids to get a good idea of the servicing procedure.

Thanks again

Richard

Servicing any filter is easy still staggers me the amount that don’t bother
I agree , pay £2000-3000 or more for a heating system and let it run itself to self destruction. Hey Ho happy days ...more installs . I think its the lease car logic...they only have the car for 3 years and it goes back...but most people stay a bit longer in their houses
ha ha
Rob Foster aka centralheatking

you can get the stnd adey to fit just need to jiggle the pipework around eg change the t around that goes into the cylinder

not a diy job tho as you need tools

My house is a Persimmons new build, it would appear not even inhibitor was added to the system.

The boiler didn’t get commissioned for 2 years as Persimmons refused to do it... they falsified paperwork...
- There was a Gas leak in the pipework embedded in the concrete flooring...

Now as a consequence, I’m having to replace a lot of the heating system components as they are failing, wouldn’t be surprised if the boiler packs up at some point.

Don’t ever buy a new build!

depends if its a small building comp say doing 1-10 houses your normally fine but big sites with 100+ run away :D

you can get the stnd adey to fit just need to jiggle the pipework around eg change the t around that goes into the cylinder

not a diy job tho as you need tools

Yep, that might be above my skill level, it’s gonna be a challenge, but I’ll work it out one way or another.

My house is a Persimmons new build, it would appear not even inhibitor was added to the system.

The boiler didn’t get commissioned for 2 years as Persimmons refused to do it... they falsified paperwork...
- There was a Gas leak in the pipework embedded in the concrete flooring...

Now as a consequence, I’m having to replace a lot of the heating system components as they are failing, wouldn’t be surprised if the boiler packs up at some point.

Don’t ever buy a new build!
surley you are covered for 10 years chking

need to read the fine print most are 2 years

structural is 10 years
thats dreadfull I never realised , wow I looked at a Tesla last week ....the body, power train and battery pack has unlimited milage and 7 years full guarantee ...and costs about half a new house...stuff new houses then ...I will stick with listed ones
Rob Foster aka centralheatking

surley you are covered for 10 years chking

You talking about the 10 yr new build warrenty?

- I’ve spent 3.5 yrs getting some major faults addressed with the property, like most of the installation in the walls and roof missing...

- In compassion, the heating system is small fry... major problem, it’s not easy to prove anything...

Even with a surveyors report, the builders and warranty company did everything they could to deflect, ignore, delay, kick it into the long grass, etc to make sure nothing is done, it’s a big game and they know all the tricks to succeed...

Consumers can hardly do anything about it, most give up... there is no longer any standards, no building regs adhered to, no one bothers...

My MP is Boris, his answer was ‘Persimmons will go bust soon’... how the **** does that help me... he is a self serving piece of Rubbish...

Promised for the last 2.5yrs to get everyone together and get answers, which means he has done Damn all...

Sorry about that, you shouldn’t have asked

Reply to Identify Boiler Return in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock