Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Ideal vs Volkera are they all good or bad? in the Plumbing Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

Tags:
  1. david007

david007 New Member

Good evening Ladies and Gentlemen

I though I’d post this this at this time as the majority of the same in the UK will not be watching strictly or XFactor

Anyway I have a 28cdi of some considerable yers that is slowly dying. It’s done sterling service to my 4 bed detached with one bathroom and one shower running off the HW.

I’m on a budget and was looking at the either the 30k or 35kw Ideal Combi (5 yr warranty) or the Volkera Vison 30c 7 yr warranty). Both are in Graham’s at the moment. To be honest I’m slightly sold on the Volkera. I have no idea why. However the reviews are so mixed that is difficult to get any independent advice. The boilers in the garage so it doesn’t have up look like anything spectacular and noise isn't an issue. Anybwadgice would be of great help.
    David
    ps they are both coming in at £599 including the dreaded!!

2. king of pipes

king of pipes Trusted Plumber GSR

Ideal would be my choice out of the 2 but others may disagree . Kop

3. david007

david007 New Member

Thanks, Kop, is that just preference or reliability? They boast better technology and economy. It's funny when you see Volkera site they reckon they have over 1.5 million UK customers. Be interested to see what others think. Ive had a few mates who've had a number of Friday afternoon Audi's so i'm not interested in badges etc. Its often the luck of the draw i guess. Thanks again.

4. AMGasServices

AMGasServices GSR

Neither I haven’t had the best experiences with any of them.

5. king of pipes

king of pipes Trusted Plumber GSR

Personal preference I am a installer who is not tied to any manufacturer I have fitted both and Ideal is my choice they are well built simple to work on and offer a decent warranty but it's your choice in the end . Cheers kop

6. sammathias

sammathias Plumber GSR

I'd suggest an ideal out of the two. I find vokera abit cheap and nasty. But if installed correctly, suppose you can't go wrong with a 7 year warranty.

7. david007

david007 New Member

Thanks mate

8. BYP

BYP GSR

I’d go with the Ideal between the two.

• Like Like x 1
  9. scott_d

scott_d Plumber GSR

Which model ideal?
    Are you aware there are more bits needed than the boiler?
    Flue
    Filter
    Chemeical
    Lime fighter
    Shock arrestor
    Boiler plus controls
    Pipe& fittings
    Etc

10. hammers4spanner

hammers4spanner Plumber GSR

The firm around here who picks up vokera under warranty is rough as hell . Wouldnt like that myself if i was a customer.

11. sammathias

sammathias Plumber GSR

depends whos fitting it :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. BYP

BYP GSR

I’d guess his Plumber has asked him to choose the boiler. However the extra bits not supplied with the boiler can vary in price with make, so bear that in mind.

13. david007

david007 New Member

14. david007

david007 New Member

Ideal Exclusive 35 Combi Boiler 217752

15. david007

david007 New Member

Ideal Exclusive 35 Combi Boiler 217752