Search the forum,

Discuss Ideal Vouge 32 Hot Water Flow Intermittent in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

morning all. Ideal Vouge Combi 32. Unusual one. So in my bathroom very near the boiler if I turn my bath tap on full hot water works as it should. If I slow the flow down on the tap the hot water demand stops and boiler shows no demand. I have a new kitchen downstairs with a new mixer tap. When I turn this on I get a burst of hot water from within the boiler then nothing. When I check the boiler with tap open it is showing no demand. Central heating works perfect. I have no tank or similar it’s a straight feed from the boiler. Any advice?

When you say then nothing do you mean the water stops or the water still flows but it’s cold

Either the hot water isn’t turned on on the boiler or the device in the boiler that detects water flow is faulty.

As above words(Riley) because you will have opened the case and combustion area thus need to be GSR for that.
On a different note depending on the area & age of the boiler you will either have a Gen 1 or Gen 2 variant.
If in a hard water area i would of expected a water softener chemical/magnetic to be installed as you will prob have a good build up of calcium deposits otherwise.
But to reiterate you need to be a GSR person to open the case but ultimately it's your choice, just hope you have good insurance,
Cheers,
Andy

Low water pressure may be causing the boiler to not “sense” the tap is running. Saw this on an installation recently, the whole street was fed from an old 2 inch furred up water main.

Reply to Ideal Vouge 32 Hot Water Flow Intermittent in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock