Search the forum,

Discuss Ideal Vogue Have A Look in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
really i thought it had about 17l per min

really i thought it had about 17l per min

The 40 does. Problem I'm finding is that it doesn't seem to fire up fast enough, and as a result, it's constantly chasing its tail. Ideal are being very good about it and changing the boiler next Tuesday, so fingers crossed. Tbh if I hadn't fitted it when it was minus 2 outside, it would have probably gone unnoticed.

Other than that, it's a lovely boiler.

they are fitting a brand new boiler ?take it there is a delay with firing, tb do you think its a one off or are they all like this , i like to try new boilers but this is not giving me faith

they are fitting a brand new boiler ?take it there is a delay with firing, tb do you think its a one off or are they all like this , i like to try new boilers but this is not giving me faith

They're reassuring me that as their flagship model, it should be fantastic and they want to prove to me that its as good as they say it is. So yeah, they're fitting a new one.

Tbh if it wasn't for the HW issue I've had on this one, I'd say it was probably one of the best I've fitted. Very efficient, very quiet, good looking, easy to install, easy to use.

did you get any pictures of it by any chance. what time clock did you use ideal or after market, tbh ideal will want to prove these are good boiler so its good there replacing the boiler you should ask them for the hassle could you have the boiler lol

did you get any pictures of it by any chance. what time clock did you use ideal or after market, tbh ideal will want to prove these are good boiler so its good there replacing the boiler you should ask them for the hassle could you have the boiler lol

Yes mate, they're in the arms.

Used a Honeywell 927 as per usual. I'll be getting some freebies and training courses I think

ahh the good old 927 thats what i use cheaper than ideals own controls tbh i need to take a wee look

what seems to the problem ?
TB fitted a 32 kw one and was less than impressed with the hot water performance, ideal tried to sort it, it was no better, so they fitted a 40 kw version for free, dunno if that solved the problem though?

TB fitted a 32 kw one and was less than impressed with the hot water performance, ideal tried to sort it, it was no better, so they fitted a 40 kw version for free, dunno if that solved the problem though?

The original boiler is back at ideal being tested now. They fitted a 40kw for free and the customer is now overjoyed. Customer services have been excellent about it.

It's apparently the first problem they've had with the vogue so far but obviously not many have been sold.

The original boiler is back at ideal being tested now. They fitted a 40kw for free and the customer is now overjoyed. Customer services have been excellent about it.

It's apparently the first problem they've had with the vogue so far but obviously not many have been sold.

Thanks for the update Tom, wonder if the 32 is indeed faulty or the 40 works because of the extra power etc?

Thanks for the update Tom, wonder if the 32 is indeed faulty or the 40 works because of the extra power etc?

That's the problem, there are now too many variables to make a comparison. Hopefully they'll keep me informed of what they find with the problem boiler.

think it goes without saying ray how grateful we all are for them

No worries Bod. I linked this older thread to the review thread, because it is the no1 google search result for several term combinations relating to Ideal Vogue.

I'll add my thanks, too Ray. Went back to the customer's house to sort out a couple of other bits and it's a joy to see them so happy, and the baby not having to be wrapped up in a heavy blanket!

Did you find out the issue - we had a Vogue 32 fitted Dec 2013 - 7 engineer visits later and 4 heat exchangers later (2 were broken on delivery) they have reluctantly agreed to swap the boiler but only for another 32 and are insisting our original installer clean the system and fit the magnaclean and a bypass for them!

Sounds as though the system wasn't cleaned properly when installed. Did you installer do a power flush? I wouldn't fit a boiler without a magnaclean or bypass either. So sounds more like installer error rather than ideal.

Yes it was cleaned before fitting and a water sample taken by Ideal 4/14 was clear hence they changed the hex. When they fitted it they never queried why there was no magnaclean or bypass but suddenly they are (and its the same engineer from Ideal)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ideal Vogue Have A Look in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
My son has an apprenticeship interview for to become a plumber and heating engineer. The have said there will be a multiple choice exam for this for suitability. The thing is my son panics during tests/exams. Is there any book I can buy him to practice the multiple choice test for the exam? What...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock