Search the forum,

Discuss ideal standard concord wrs 40, buzzing when heating the water. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Our gas central heating boiler (30 plus years old (plus)) has developed a very load buzzing noise.
The noise starts whenever the boiler kicks in to bring the radiator water back up to temperature. (very occasionally the buzzing does not happen - but it is rare)
The boiler is used for heating the house, not tap water, and is situated next to the kitchen sink.
If this is the thermostat or gas valve - how can one tell & could they still be available ( I cannot actually see any part number labels). Also is it dangerous to use the boiler in its present condition.
As I understand it, when we replace the boiler we are going to have to have all the pipework replaced due to the current pipes not being the correct diameter, so preferably we would like to get the big job done in the spring. Following on we would like to keep the present boiler going till then.
IMG_20181220_164535_resized_20181220_044930208.jpg

This is a toe in the water exercise for background info, before I start contacting local Gas Safe techs/installers.

I know what it is straight away. It's many years since I enquired about spares but, at the time I could get some parts. It is best practice to get a GSR in to diagnose the fault. He will know who to go to locally to get the correct spares.

Reply to ideal standard concord wrs 40, buzzing when heating the water. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock