Search the forum,

Discuss Ideal mexico flue leaking in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Have had a customer call me this afternoon saying the builder knocked the flue pipe last week and now there is water continuously from the flue. Its a floor standing ideal mexico with an open flue. He says it happens even when not raining. I only completed my ACS in April so am fairly new with boiler and this will be first open flued ive worked on. Anyone got any ideas what could be? as its not condensing boiler. I was thinking maybe blocked flue, will do a spillage test. But didnt know if anyone had any ideas? Looking at an ID situation as flue is leaking so will be capping off by looks of it.

New boiler as there’s no reason for water to be in the flue

I would find out what the water source is. It could be any number of things but I am sure it is possible to identify the issue/cause of it.
Have a look at the termination of the flue, the route and installation.
Don't forget to check the ventilation is correct.

It wouldn't be fair to condemn someones boiler just because you might be a bit inexperienced with them so if in doubt, pass it on to someone more experienced. You could always ask that person if you could observe them going through the tests and inspection of it.

You need to know if this water is there only when the boiler is firing or if it is there when the boiler is not on. That will tell you whether it could be condensate or not. If it is and this has just started happening, there will be a reason.

Reply to Ideal mexico flue leaking in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock