Search the forum,

Discuss Ideal logic main heat exchangers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

S

Sharp Point

Why are these still leaking on recent boilers.
Had a call today from a new customer to look at one of his renters, for frequent pressure loss. He had a logic plus 35 installed in 2017( not by me). I whipped the cover off and the trap had the usual white floating fog, consistent with the leaking hex.
I removed the burner and there it was, a corroded mess inside.

Why oh why in 2019

Oh, fernox was the inhibitor added.... all good there then

Not flushed the cleaner out?
Is it under warrany?
Good or bad install?

Rubbish made alu hex

Is it under warrany?
Good or bad install?
Is it under warrany?
Good or bad install?

Can’t say
Yes, it’s been replaced already
Decent

I generally starting to think, these logics are poor, ive replaced lots of hex’s now personally.
I think I should start looking at an alternative to logic’s, as they’re my mid range choice.

Can’t say
Yes, it’s been replaced already
Decent

I generally starting to think, these logics are poor, ive replaced lots of hex’s now personally.
I think I should start looking at an alternative to logic’s, as they’re my mid range choice.
I like them. I have only seen one cracked sump and not seen a hex gone yet.

I like them. I have only seen one cracked sump and not seen a hex gone yet.

Don’t get me wrong, they’re quite well built... it’s just this issue with the hex. I like the fact that they’re British built...although a French outfit has bought them out.

Reply to Ideal logic main heat exchangers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock