Search the forum,

Discuss Ideal Logic Combi 24 pinhole leak in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

T

Triplemaya

I have a Ideal Logic Combi 24 and the engineer to who comes to service says there is a design fault. It is not a question of if it will fail but when. Apparently the heat exchanger develops a pinhole leak and has to be replaced. Always in the same place. Known about for years. Design has not been improved.
My question is, does it help to use the hot water: never, occasionally, a little bit regularly, a bit every day? Or does none of that make any difference?

Many thanks for the replies. I imagined less use would be better.

I had an issue like this with the previous boiler. It got gradually worse and worse. So preventing it would be good.

Interesting story. I called Ideal to pose the question. They would not answer. The lady on the phone went back to the engineers three times on my insistence. Again and again they gave an answer that did not make sense. She kept saying 'it depends how you use it'. And I kept replying 'yes, that is what I thought, which is why I am calling you to ask how best to use it'. 'We physically cannot tell you' she kept saying. On the last go round, from the engineers, 'they physically cannot tell you how to use the boiler'. I got the idea that they know all about this, but are not going to be quoted as saying use it less if you can.

Reply to Ideal Logic Combi 24 pinhole leak in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock