Search the forum,

Discuss Ideal Logic 30+ HE Combi Boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a quick update to let you all know that the Ideal is still going strong after 14 months. Excellent hot water heat and flow rate, radiators heat up quickly and no problems using the wall stat gizmo! Had it serviced recently and the engineer found no faults and also after using his gas gizmo said it was running high 90's in the efficiency ratings.
I know it was a bit of a gamble to go for the ideal, but if people judge companies by goods they manufactured in the past, then no one would be driving a Skoda...........

look at the end of the day, what gas man says about ideal is correct! ideal are no basically a site boiler, bought in massive numbers by builders with no profit margin, but when they break,,, and they will u will pay the cost of the repair big, im pritty sure i would guarntee u will have to call them out in the warranty they offer! they are always offering free stuff when you buy there boiler, now a decent boiler doesnt need to do that, IMO no self respecting plumber should be fitting these boilers in custards houses you are risking your name and business

look at the end of the day, what gas man says about ideal is correct! ideal are no basically a site boiler, bought in massive numbers by builders with no profit margin, but when they break,,, and they will u will pay the cost of the repair big, im pritty sure i would guarntee u will have to call them out in the warranty they offer! they are always offering free stuff when you buy there boiler, now a decent boiler doesnt need to do that, IMO no self respecting plumber should be fitting these boilers in custards houses you are risking your name and business
what a load off

i ve just read the total thread.

there are a lot of opinions from poeple with only one post? why is that?
perhaps its time for the gsr monthly mag to do another survey of boilers and present them in some order of reliability. they did this a few months ago. still got it somewhere. maybe i'll dig it out but i do remeber vaillant and veissman as first and second for reliability.

dd368

Must have fitted 20+ of Ideals Logic range in the last couple of years and i'm a big fan! Not had any call backs on any of them,dead easy to install,lightweight,good price and an easy to use RF progammer.Yes,the Isar was a rubbish Boiler but i think they have learned from that and upped their game. I also think their Technical support has vastly improved aswell!
In response to an earlier reply,i have also been called out to a shedload of Baxi 80/105 combis recently with all manner of things wrong with them,most of them under 10 years old and a couple needed replacing.The Duo-Tecs are ok but these are pants!

Hi,

Have you had any problems with noise in the central heating pipework? Getting my installer back next week, if its not something simple Ill call ideal :(

I'm still loving the negativity... Still haven't had a problem with any that iv fitted. Although the pressure gauges are rattlely, maybe that's the noise you speak of?

We have fitted quite a few of these and have had only had a problem with one, i agree doe anyone know why on earth ideal fit the guage on the flow in which the pump causes it to bounce, we have fitted them on the return which solved this problem but ideal wanted it changing when their engineer came out, they tried to fob the customer off with this when indeed the pump had failed

Thinking of getting one of these ourselves to replace an old, old, old Baxi boiler which I think a B Gas engineer wrecked. Anyone had a problems or come by any tips? From wah I read, Ideal have turned a corner?

Just a quick update to let you all know that the Ideal is still going strong after 14 months. Excellent hot water heat and flow rate, radiators heat up quickly and no problems using the wall stat gizmo! Had it serviced recently and the engineer found no faults and also after using his gas gizmo said it was running high 90's in the efficiency ratings.
I know it was a bit of a gamble to go for the ideal, but if people judge companies by goods they manufactured in the past, then no one would be driving a Skoda...........

Hi Towner,
Sorry to revive/bump this old thread, but its 4 years on now from when you installed your Ideal Logic boiler........ could you please let us know if you are still happy with the Ideal Logic and if you have had any problems.
My 35 yr old Vulcan continental packed it in yesterday and emergency funds do not stretch to a worcester or valliant. I have been quoted for an Ideal logic 30kw.

Also, it there are others who have the Ideal logic in their homes and have been using it, please let me know.

Thanks
ps: first post, so please dont slaughter me!
Ive read the thread through from the first page, and note some of the strong opinions against Ideal, but looking for the experience of someone who has actually lived with an Ideal.
Thanks

I have been quoted for an Ideal logic 30kw.

Hi Ernc.

Check your quote carefully. A Logic 30kw has a 2 year warranty. A Logic + 30kw has a seven year warranty.

Thats a lot of difference for a small "+" sign.

I hope you give your old boiler a good send off for 35 years service :lol:

I hope you give your old boiler a good send off for 35 years service :lol:

Wish I had it for 35 years! I moved into the house only 6 years ago. The guy who bought it before me is the one who truly deserves to throw a send off bash for the old girl!

Thanks everyone for the replies so far.....still hoping to hear from anyone with real life experience of the Ideal Logic 30 kw

I have fitted 100s with only two problems great boiler although I hear ideal have moved manufacturing dto china now which could cause problems

Got a 35+ and a 30+ installed. (Not in the house I live in,m) Good performance. Stable and superb water performance. There were a few issues early on with water turbines and leaky hex. But that was 4 years ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have one in my own house as other's have said the pressure gauge Rattle's but that's the only real bad point on the boiler. Very easy to work on reasonable part prices so when it's out of warranty no massive bills,these are the point's to think about with boilers. I have fitted load of logic's with no real problems,some on the forum have moaned about ideal customer service but they have gone the extra mile for me,I went to a very old boiler 30yrs old I rang them to get a service book emailed to me,it wasn't on the computer system so they found a papper copy scanned it in and sent my the PDF now that's service.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ideal Logic 30+ HE Combi Boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock