Search the forum,

Discuss ideal logic 30 combi boiler F1 fault in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bodypiercedmale

i have this boiler and have the F1 error i looked in the boiler manual on the fault and what to do.but when i open the valves blue fully and then the black slowly nothing happens no soundsof water rushing through or anything.its as if there is no pressure/water.i can remember topping up my old boiler and when opening the valves there would be at least some noise from the water entering the system at least.i can find no shut off taps to the mains other than the one that turns the water off to the sink taps.can someone please advice me as no one will come out until tuesday to look at it and we have no heating or hot water

just read my post again i meant monday not tuesday.but thanks anyway.any idea why i cant top up the pressure from the mains?

Could be a few things, what is your mains pressure like at the kitchen sink?
Do you live in a top floor flat?

Is your filling loop disconnected? If so it will need re connecting. Just follow the pipe work between the two valves and make sure it is joined together.

If your filling loop is not working then you are in a situation where fitting the filling loop right or replacing it should be done by a professional. Not so much for Gas Safety but for your own.

I have seen some attempts before with various outcomes. But if I have been called out you can imagine that none of those were good ones.
Even it seems a simple task people struggle often with understanding the pressures of the two different systems and flood their place.
Or a famous one ore the ones where the ball valve falls apart.

A question should be how has it been filled before? Last week I had one where the plumber just had fitted a second filling loop and not decommissioned the old one. Have you checked elsewhere for another one?

Where is the filling loop you are using anyway?

Edit: OK Blue and black gives it away, should be the built in one you are using.
In this case check if the braided hose is connected to both ends.

Last edited by a moderator:
If your filling loop is not working then you are in a situation where fitting the filling loop right or replacing it should be done by a professional. Not so much for Gas Safety but for your own.

I have seen some attempts before with various outcomes. But if I have been called out you can imagine that none of those were good ones.
Even it seems a simple task people struggle often with understanding the pressures of the two different systems and flood their place.
Or a famous one ore the ones where the ball valve falls apart.

A question should be how has it been filled before? Last week I had one where the plumber just had fitted a second filling loop and not decommissioned the old one. Have you checked elsewhere for another one?

Where is the filling loop you are using anyway?

Edit: OK Blue and black gives it away, should be the built in one you are using.
In this case check if the braided hose is connected to both ends.

IMAG0125.jpg
ok here is the diagram from the manual for the filling loop btw this boiler was installed around 6 months ago at the most.There was no stop caps attached just the loop connected as in the picture.it states open the blue fully and then the black gradually until the pressure reaches 1.5 bar. but like i said in previous posts nothing happens i did disconnect the loop and the was water coming out but nothing with any force like i thought it should be

Attachments

• IMAG0125.jpg
    IMAG0125.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 120
How much force do you get out of your hw taps? You've a blockage somewhere.

View attachment 8458here is the actual photo of the loop hope this helps

i may be wrong as only fitted 2 of these a while back there was some funny set up with the early ones where when the valves are on they are not in the orientation you expext. does the mains in have to be turned to off position to divert water to the filling loop just a thought also are handles spinning on the valve spindle and you think they are turning . just thoughts

i may be wrong as only fitted 2 of these a while back there was some funny set up with the early ones where when the valves are on they are not in the orientation you expext. does the mains in have to be turned to off position to divert water to the filling loop just a thought also are handles spinning on the valve spindle and you think they are turning . just thoughts

ok i tried turning of the mains and opened the valves to top up (didnt work) also tried every combination of opening and closing all the water valves.no joy whatsoever

I fit these boilers everyday and there is a common fault with the filling loops. I must of had 13 filling loops stop working. If your still under warranty they will come and replace the filling loop. My are all under warranty as they are brand new and they just change them

Jesus, if they can't even manage to make a filling loop, it doesn't give you much confidence in the rest of the boiler.... 2 valves and a pipe, hardly rocket science!

Jesus, if they can't even manage to make a filling loop, it doesn't give you much confidence in the rest of the boiler.... 2 valves and a pipe, hardly rocket science!

They'll be made by caleffi or someone else most likely. They are crap though. I never fit ANY boiler without an external filling loop, regardless of what's in the boiler.

They had loads of faulty ones so ugraded it you wont hear the rush cause the single check valve is gone.. you need a gas safe plumber to replace it with the upgraded version.

They had a few flaws, any information you wanna know message me i know these boilers in side out.

They had a few flaws, any information you wanna know message me i know these boilers in side out.

Hi, I have one of these Boilers,and am getting the flashing F1. I have a refill loop fitted, I refill up to between 1.5 and 2 on the dial. Boiler starts working, then after a few hours the Flashing F1 is back. I have good water pressure at all taps, I have also made sure there is no air in the rads. They all work when F1 is not flashing. any Ideas. You help would be greatly appreciated.

We cannot and will not give advice on the installation or repair of boilers, cookers or ANY gas appliances for your own safety.

Please go to Gas Safe Register | Ensure your gas engineer is registered. or post a thread in the 'I'm looking for a plumber / gas engineer' section of these forums remembering to include your location. [DLMURL="http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/im-looking-plumber-gas-engineer/"]I'm looking for a Plumber or Gas Engineer[/DLMURL]

If you are gsr please increase your post count to 10+ then send a PM (Private Message) with your gsr details to either Gas man - View Profile: gas man - Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice | Plumbers Forums | A forum for plumbers advice in the UK or Redsaw - View Profile: REDSAW - Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice | Plumbers Forums | A forum for plumbers advice in the UK who will check you and then give you access to the gsr private forum.

Providing gas-related advice to anybody who should not be touching gas and cannot prove their competence is unacceptable. We will take whatever action we deem appropriate to prevent such advice being given

Thank you.

UKPF TA's, Mods and Admin teams.

[DLMURL="http://www.co-gassafety.co.uk/deaths.html"]CO Gas Safety[/DLMURL]

http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/central-heating-forum/42241-notice-gas-safety-related-advice.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to ideal logic 30 combi boiler F1 fault in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Got up on Wednesday morning no hot water, (only cold water coming out of hot tap). Checked boiler, it had zero pressure and F1 fault showing. So I refilled the pressure using the filling loop, up to about 1bar which is where it usually is, which worked fine, had hot water all day. Same thing...
Replies
Views
F
Hi, We have a new Ideal Logic Combi 30. A radiator today came off the wall and developed a leak. Plumber came and fixed (but didn't). At that time the boiler was fine. Today the boiler has lost pressure. I have followed the videos on yt and nothing works. Just stays telling me F1. I have...
Replies
Views
FrankMcg
F
W
Hi all, I've got a bit of a strange issue relating to my Ideal Logic Combi 35 which has recently started displaying a F2 error when trying to use the central heating system. The boiler works fine when using hot water, however when I try to turn on the central heating system the boiler works...
Replies
Views
Williams25
W
My heating system comprises an Ideal Logic 12 boiler located downstairs and a Gledhill OV SOL cylinder located upstairs . The problem is that when the Gledhill controls for the “hot water” and “central heading” are turned on the Ideal boiler makes a constant “clicking” noise and tries to start...
Replies
Views
After researching as much as I can to sort this problem, I keep reading that if your Ideal boiler has an F1 code and the pressure is low, it needs topping up. If it has an F1 code but the pressure is fine, then this indicates a potential pressure sensor fault. What if it was low (completely...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock