Search the forum,

Discuss Ideal Isar He24 - L9 Overheat Problems for CH in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Ball_Ship

Hi Guy's I'm hoping someone could help - I'm going crazy cos can't find the fault.

My father who's disabled had one of these crappy Isar He24 installed by warmfront in 2007, now since the guarantee has been up it's been one thing after another - changed PCB to the orange one; new spark generator and more.

A couple of weeks ago the towel rail stopped heating up cos the valve was jammed so I fixed that but had to drain the system. I refilled the system bled the radiators and the pump, the central heating was working when switched on, also diverter valve actuator moving and displaying a 'd'. After a while switched heating off, hot water was working a for a little while then it would go luke warm then the boiler wouldn't fire up. Then the boiler displayed L9 fault, tried to reset it but nothing happend besides the display showing a zero and 3 horizontal lines. When the system cooled down I switched on and reset the boiler, it started working again hot water working normally, until that is I switched the CH on and it made some rumbling sounds then some whistling sound from I think the automatic air ventand then again stopped working and L9 overheat code.

I have checked the pump to see it works and it does move freely. Don't know what else I can do ... could it be trapped air? or does it sound more serious like the heat exchanger? Overheat Stats? Thermistors?

I know I have rumbled on a bit, but please if there's anyone who can help it'd be much appreciated.

hi , l9 or 3 dashes is overheat sounds like air with the rumbling whistling is aav open ? also could be slow or sticking pump hope this helps

Thanks for quick reply, aav is open. I took the pump off to check yesterday and it did move freely. However, I'm going to check again now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ideal Isar He24 - L9 Overheat Problems for CH in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

J
Turned the system from hot water only, to hot water and central heating the other day. After it working briefly, it has now stopped all together. The display isnt showing a fault or anything - it is just blank. After reading the service guide that came with it - I am confident there is power...
Replies
Views
James Middleton
J
I have an ideal Isar He30 ( yes I know they are crap!) the boiler works but the contol panel asppears to be dead, the DHW and CH temperature controls have no effect and the boiler runs at max temp on both DHW and CH. I have repalced the display/contol panel and it still appearsto be dead. Would...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old, fairly big detached house (i.e. fairly draughty, but not too bad by any means) with a fairly new well maintained Worcester combi boiler. We weren’t convinced the heating was working right and then got hit with a £610 energy bill for the first 6...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
Good Afternoon all, I am hopeful someone may be able to offer some guidance on the following. In the home we have a gas boiler (serviced annually, October time) providing hot water to the CH system which is split into 3 zones (Honeywell 2-way valves) and it also heats the HW tank (Tribune...
Replies
Views
I am generally a decent handyman, can usually make 2+2=4 and take care of most things to avoid troubling experts with just the basics, but know also not to bumble around blindly beyond that. We moved house last week and with the glorious hot weather we weren't bothered about the heating, more...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock