Search the forum,

Discuss Ideal Isar HE24 fault no power to operator panel. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

chrispalmer

Firstly great site!!
I am a 45 year old time served mechanical engineer, I am self employed as a plumber( bathrooms and kitchens)/plasterer/tiler( wet rooms )/welder/mechanic/etc.

THIS IS MY FIRST POST, SO HERE GOES!!
My parents boiler is an Ideal HE24, was fitted with a grant in 2007, been nothing but trouble, leaks everywhere numerous new parts fitted, last job was the new orange PCB in Jan 2009 and its not working again!!!
Ran out of warranty while my mum is in hospital, overlooked by parents, so trying to sort myself whilst in the process of complaining to Heatserve.

Apparently Dad was having a bath running hot water when boiler failed and rang me.

Firstly, no water pressure ....added water to 1.5 bar...still nothing

no lights on user control panel totally blank..... 240V at the switch, fuse has not blown on the 3rd orange PCB ( 18mths old )

suspect it could have overheated due to no water pressure?? could the overheat thermostat be cooked or sticking, faulty fan or simply the PCB, could also be the control panel itself ?

We are waiting for an engineer from the grant people which can take 21 days to assess whether Heatserve will have to cough up, 2 leaks they should have fixed are still leaking, one is a drain tap which should have been replace and wasn't.
The cupbord is totally rotten as are the floor boards and ceiling due to the leak.

MY DAD HAS NO BOILER WHATSOEVER UNLESS HE PAYS FOR A CORGI ENGINEER, wrong when Heatserve are to blame

Some genuine advice would really help, so far this site looks the best so will wait for anyone to get back to me.
Regards to all Chris Palmer.

1st ly good chance pcb
2ndly might find other probs, horrendous boiler especially when installed by the said crew.
Did your dad pay much ontop of the grant they offerd?
Trading standards might be worth ago to start.
It is probably going to be a long drawn out process but if u ve had this many problems upto now IT WILL GET WORSE!
Best sceniaro if manufacturer will confirm problems have been caused by bad or improper install with trading standards help u may be able to get a new boiler installed of your choice, may be a valliant or a remeha avanta by a private sub contractor of your choice(who they use).
It aint going to be easy though.
Wishing u all the luck in the world and let us know how u go on!
Not all eaga jobs are like this but alot are!

Get plenty of pictures and document every thing!

Last edited by a moderator:
hi, could be pcb, but this could of blown due to the leak you mentioned,so better to get the leak sorted before spending £200 on a new board,also check the 3a external fuse hasnt blown, could be an idea to get british gas out for a one off fix of £170 ;)

macca

hi, could be pcb, but this could of blown due to the leak you mentioned,so better to get the leak sorted before spending £200 on a new board,also check the 3a external fuse hasnt blown, could be an idea to get british gas out for a one off fix of £170 ;)

macca

Hi Macca,
Firstly thanks for quick reponse, forgot to say already checked external fuse which was ok.
Did not know about the British Gas one off price, will let my Dad know before Mum gets out of hospital.
Regards and thanks again Chris

Hi to everyone,
Will update when the boiler is working again and let you know what the fault was.
Chris

Thanks PRS1,
Rang the grant people, parents have £900 remaining in the pot, maximum is £3500, did not know about this until speaking to the grant head office, have to re-apply for the remainder this is why grant people need to send their engineer out......cannot complain to the installers via email, it has to be done by post which is a pain, boiler leaked as soon as fitted, failed completely within 2 weeks, had problems with thermostat as well, all documented, if I knew how to put pics on here I would show you the state of the leak and the cupboard, total disgrace, I could have sorted everything myself but obviously I am not allowed.
Will update when sorted.
Cheers Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
It'll be the board, guaranteed pretty much.

My advice....

Get a new boiler, the problems ur having are not gona get better or go away, they are only gona get worse. I know u don't wana hear that mate but I've got a feeling that deep down u already know this.

Isars are well renound for being terrible boilers

Thanks,
had been thinking that since the day it was fitted, will wait and see what parents think, will be checking this site to see what makes of boiler are most reliable.
Cheers Chris

Firstly great site!!
I am a 45 year old time served mechanical engineer, I am self employed as a plumber( bathrooms and kitchens)/plasterer/tiler( wet rooms )/welder/mechanic/etc.

THIS IS MY FIRST POST, SO HERE GOES!!
My parents boiler is an Ideal HE24, was fitted with a grant in 2007, been nothing but trouble, leaks everywhere numerous new parts fitted, last job was the new orange PCB in Jan 2009 and its not working again!!!
Ran out of warranty while my mum is in hospital, overlooked by parents, so trying to sort myself whilst in the process of complaining to Heatserve.

Apparently Dad was having a bath running hot water when boiler failed and rang me.

Firstly, no water pressure ....added water to 1.5 bar...still nothing

no lights on user control panel totally blank..... 240V at the switch, fuse has not blown on the 3rd orange PCB ( 18mths old )

suspect it could have overheated due to no water pressure?? could the overheat thermostat be cooked or sticking, faulty fan or simply the PCB, could also be the control panel itself ?

We are waiting for an engineer from the grant people which can take 21 days to assess whether Heatserve will have to cough up, 2 leaks they should have fixed are still leaking, one is a drain tap which should have been replace and wasn't.
The cupbord is totally rotten as are the floor boards and ceiling due to the leak.

MY DAD HAS NO BOILER WHATSOEVER UNLESS HE PAYS FOR A CORGI ENGINEER, wrong when Heatserve are to blame

Some genuine advice would really help, so far this site looks the best so will wait for anyone to get back to me.
Regards to all Chris Palmer.
im having the same trouble my boilers a free grant boiler i didnt have to pay anything ontop of it we dont get hot water the water starts to heat up then runs cold ive been trying for nearly 2 yrs to get this sorted ive companied to the government grant issuers and was told its cover has run out and theres nothing they can do ,ive appied twice for another free government grant boiler but on the first one got told i qualify but have to contribute £600 towards it the second time only a few weeks ago through E-on got somebody out to look at the boiler he said it failed this test he done they sent somebody out to check my draught proof etc.she said that the company she worked for were very good and there wouldnt be any extra to pay i received a letter last week they want £970 towards the cost , i cant afford to pay that as we are unemployed and i have health issues

Please register with us and start a new thread to receive an answer to your question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ideal Isar HE24 fault no power to operator panel. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock