Search the forum,

Discuss ideal isar 35HE - LF fault code in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

beesley121

Hi guys,
Having a problem with a ideal isar 35HE.
its giving a fault code of LF - no gas
replaced gas valve and the programable user control panel as that wasnt working as it should. It fires up ok and runs CH fine but when it tries to relight again, i get the LF fault code again. I then have to reset it via the user control panel and it works fine again until the boiler goes off and then needs to come back on. same sequence of events
anyone know what can cause this? could it have anything to do with the control panel as the previous one was a digital programable one but I only have a manual control panel from a isar 24he on the van and assumed they were compatible
advice much appreciated

Hi beesley121

LF code, have you checked the condensate trap and pipe work?

Last edited by a moderator:
hi mate, im surprised the user control was compatible but if it works!! lf dosent necesarily mean no gas, its the most common code on isar, i'll list what it could be if u like so u can go through it

pcb (doubt it though)
ioisation probe (bent or not making connection back to the board)
blocked trap (sump cover got water behind it)
heat ex leaking and water getting down the blue sensing hose that goes to the gas valve (always a good en!)
slow fan (red chalky stuff falling out the bearings sometimes)
heat ex has ran dry at one point and the ionisation lead has melted to the side of it!! ( another good en)
bent ignition probe
spark generator ??

i used to work for em so just letting u no lt can be anything!!
the boards are made in japan and the lf has absolutley no reference to anything english!

hope this helps,
jon

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to ideal isar 35HE - LF fault code in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello All I have an ecotec 630 with Sensohome controls. Should the fault codes shown in the boiler also be reflected in Sensohome control? All appears to be working ok but the Sensohome has a fault code relating to the outside sensor (F521) which I can't seem to clear. The sensor is working ok...
Replies
Views
I have an ideal Isar He30 ( yes I know they are crap!) the boiler works but the contol panel asppears to be dead, the DHW and CH temperature controls have no effect and the boiler runs at max temp on both DHW and CH. I have repalced the display/contol panel and it still appearsto be dead. Would...
Replies
Views
After researching as much as I can to sort this problem, I keep reading that if your Ideal boiler has an F1 code and the pressure is low, it needs topping up. If it has an F1 code but the pressure is fine, then this indicates a potential pressure sensor fault. What if it was low (completely...
Replies
Views
Got up on Wednesday morning no hot water, (only cold water coming out of hot tap). Checked boiler, it had zero pressure and F1 fault showing. So I refilled the pressure using the filling loop, up to about 1bar which is where it usually is, which worked fine, had hot water all day. Same thing...
Replies
Views
Folks Me again I am at my wits end. I want to replace the boiler but I am on my backside and cannot afford to. I have been getting an intermittent F L Code. For around a year. I've had an engineer out 4 times. In that time boiler has had a new PCB, new electrodes, new gaskets, new...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock