Search the forum,

Discuss Ideal Icos He30 LE code, Emc filter? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Jones82

Gas Engineer
Hi guys

Been to regular of mine, original call was pointing towards low pressure and LE Code, he topped it up and got the boiler working for a day or so but now it is absolutely dead.

I've been round and tested it and was leaning towards overheat stat but getting no voltage to it, started leaning towards pcb but on further testing I found the Emc filter had 240 going in but nothing coming out.

The manual is next to useless, thoughts?

Thanks... Merry Xmas!

Hi guys

Been to regular of mine, original call was pointing towards low pressure and LE Code, he topped it up and got the boiler working for a day or so but now it is absolutely dead.

I've been round and tested it and was leaning towards overheat stat but getting no voltage to it, started leaning towards pcb but on further testing I found the Emc filter had 240 going in but nothing coming out.

The manual is next to useless, thoughts?

Thanks... Merry Xmas!

LE is a overheat code but that means bu**er all on an icos . Whats an emc filter ?

In short there a filter more for 3 port systems I believe they stop stray voltage / under voltage doing anything eg mv or sub 200 v

Think of like an aerial filter

LE is a overheat code but that means bu**er all on an icos . Whats an emc filter ?

Viessmann have them the little clear relay type thing with two black wires on the power

Thanks, thinking I'll get emc filter, pcb and overheat stat. Can always take the parts back if they're not needed. Also pricing for a new boiler, its just over 12 years old. Done well for an Icos!

Reply to Ideal Icos He30 LE code, Emc filter? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My Ideal Icos HE30 boiler has been reliable starter since its installation 12 year's ago. It has been serviced every year since by the original installer. Today the boiler failed to fire though the thermostat is calling for heat. I replaced the batteries in the thermostat. I turned the...
Replies
Views
My boiler is an Ideal Icos HE30 boiler. This supplies the central heating and a separate heat store - in other words a big cylinder - for domestic hot water. It is not a combi boiler. The boiler is 10 years old and it has been serviced by the original installer each year since installation. It...
Replies
Views
D
Hi all First timer here - after reading a lot of the advice present I thought it would make sense to get stuck in and throw something into the ring. I am a Landlord and Agent operating new build properties in the Nottinghamshire areas, and have what seems to be an ongoing problem with one...
Replies
Views
Aquarius
A
Hi all, We recently purchased a house and nothing seems to work correctly here, I've spent weeks rectifying issues. Plumbing, electrical, carpentry it's been never ending. The house was built by Barratt Homes in the year 2000, it is a 3 bedroom house called a Palmerston, the CH/HW system is a Y...
Replies
Views
E
Hi woke up this morning and no heating :-(. Error code on the boiler was LE, then I reset it and now get error code L8. Have been reading the forums and looks like I need a new PCB and maybe a new fan assy. Plumber is quoting around £500 to replace both parts. The boiler is about 7-9 years old...
Replies
Views
eurospike
E
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock