Search the forum,

Discuss Ideal Elan 2 boiler fault! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sasik

The boiler work for about 30 sec and then stop, 30sec later it will come on again and so on. The boiler working like this for the last two days.
The problem occured when the system demand for heating and hot water.

What could be the problem?

I've found this problem before, it wore out the gas valve soleniod. I found an resetable over heat stat was cuasing the problem.
Try replacing, relatively inexspensive.

Regards Andy

The radiators are ok, but the water in the cylinder are only warm!

Have you checked cylinder stat?
Do you have a 3 port or 2x2 port moterised valves?

If 2 port valve on HW lock open valve (if possible) when calling for heat, does cylinder flow and return get hot?

Do you have any way of venting cylinder coil? (sometimes air becomes trapped reducing flow)

If venting the cylinder fails, possible component faillure or wiring fault.

Regards Andy

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Andrew

At first I thought the problem was with the hot water only, but I have the same problem when the heating system is on demanding (boiler run for 30sec then off for 30sec...)
So I don't know if I have a problem with the boiler or with one of the components around the hot water cylinder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ideal Elan 2 boiler fault! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock